Features

Sports

Entertainment

Video

Home » News

Justices appointed to Student Court

Submitted by Jennifer Ellis on September 5, 2012 – 4:14 pmOne Comment

John Bradley

The Student Senate voted unanimously to appoint two associate justices to the Student Court at the Student Government Association’s first biweekly meeting of the fall semester Aug. 29.

The addition of John Bradley, a junior chemistry major and Pi Kappa Alpha fraternity member, and Meri Calderon, a senior international studies major, double the number of associate justices currently appointed to the Court to four.

“I heard there was an opening and I always wanted to be on SGA,” Bradley said. “I thought this would be a great opportunity.”

The Court is responsible for hearing appeals of student traffic tickets, governing elections and the student grievances process. The Court should consist of one chief justice and eight associate justices, which are appointed after a two-thirds vote by the Senate, according to the SGA Constitution.

Associate justices serve on the Student Court for the duration of their continuous enrollment at UALR, so long as they enroll in at least six hours in both fall and spring semesters and maintain a minimum 2.0 GPA.

Vice President Ed Hernandez also announced that fall election registration packets will soon be available. The election will be Oct. 1 and 2.

One Comment »