News

Features

Sports

Entertainment

Video

Home » Entertainment

Full-featured recording app provides high-quality sound

Submitted by Clayborn Waters on November 19, 2012 – 2:02 pmOne Comment

Apple’s factory-installed Voice Memos app seems to be a good voice recorder, but there’s a better app out there for those wanting high-quality files and better features.

iTalk is a full-featured app with a streamline interface that contains a big red button that users can press to start and stop recording. After recording is finished, users an add to existing files, choose from three levels of audio quality (11.025, 22.05, or 44.10 kHz sample rates) and manage recordings. Supported by iTunes File Sharing, the app also contains auto-noise cancellation and a built-in search function to locate files by titles.

Review site Knowyourmobile.com has praised iTalk, saying that the app “represents the next step in the evolution of the Dictaphone, and ironically it’s a step that actually leaves the concept of a separate recorder behind.”

The app was updated by Griffin Technology on May 17, 2012 with 74 customer review ratings.

iTalk is useful and handy for students who are enrolled in mass communications courses since interviews are often part of assignments. I also found it interesting that I can download and sync it to my iTunes account, which allows me to burn files to a disc if a hard copy is needed.

The one con about the app is that users must pay $1.99 for the premium version, which includes the multitasks of setting and forgetting it, transfers recordings using Dropbox, and shares recordings on SoundCloud.

iTalk is compatible with the iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad with iOS 4.0 or later. It was last updated on May 17, 2012 and currently holds 74 customer review ratings.

One Comment »

• Hi great post, I’ve never heard of the italk app. It sounds really good I’ll have to check it out and give it a go. I have a 3rd gen ipad so will have no probs using it. thanks for the info hopefully this helps me out.