Students encouraged to write the new UALR fight song
November 19, 2014 – 2:40 pm | Comments Off

With more than 100 degrees, 60 graduate programs, and seven athletic teams, the University of Arkansas at Little Rock offers students a quality education and college experience. However, one element, common to other universities—a fight …

Read the full story »
News

Features

Sports

Entertainment

Video

Home » Archive by Month

Article Archive for February 2013

Sun Belt star radiates humility
February 28, 2013 – 12:30 pm | One Comment
Sun Belt star radiates humility

UALR senior pitcher Chance Cleveland, a history major, has high expectations for the team and for himself this season. It’s that drive that helped him become the player he is today. Before the season began, …

Student government hosts Paint the Town Maroon, election
February 28, 2013 – 12:24 pm | Comments Off

The Student Government Association announced that along with the help of a variety of student organizations they will carry out a plan to paint Trojan-spirited designs on the windows of businesses surrounding the university Homecoming …

Homecoming events propose students show their pride
February 28, 2013 – 12:24 pm | Comments Off

This year’s homecoming week filled with aquatic races, school spirit competitions and queen selection will culminate Saturday,  March 2 when the Trojans play the Arkansas State Red Wolves in the Jack Stephens Center at 7 …

University names new director for public safety
February 28, 2013 – 12:22 pm | One Comment
University names new director for public safety

UALR has recently appointed a longtime Oklahoma police officer as the Department of Public Safety’s new director/chief, ending a nationwide search that began last fall, according to university officials.

Workers need wage raise to cope with cost of living
February 28, 2013 – 12:21 pm | Comments Off

During President Obama’s 2013 State of the Union Address, he outlined a proposal to gradually increase the minimum wage from $7.25 to $9 per hour by 2015. Beyond 2015, the president said he would like …

The beat of roaring feminism
February 28, 2013 – 12:21 pm | Comments Off
The beat of roaring feminism

A declaration: I am a feminist. I believe in equal rights for women. I believe that women are people, not sex objects. These beliefs are not objectionable, yet, in my society, I am challenged.
One in …

Dance troupe raises funds for New York tour
February 28, 2013 – 12:19 pm | Comments Off

TeeBoDans, a troupe of 10 dancers, most of whom are students or graduates of UALR, is working to raise $6,000 to add a New York leg to its June tour.
The troupe will perform “State of …

Minor projects accent Campus Master Plan
February 28, 2013 – 12:18 pm | Comments Off

A number of campus construction projects are on the verge of completion while others are being proposed for the future, according to Associate Vice Chancellor of Facilities Management David Millay.
Millay has overseen the bulk of …

Alumni association to give benefactors a Taste of LR
February 28, 2013 – 12:17 pm | Comments Off

The tenth-annual installment of UALR’s “Taste of” series, which is scheduled from 6 to 8 p.m. Thursday, Mar. 14 at the UALR Alumni and Friends Center, will celebrate the finest local restaurants with its “Taste …

Bowen professor breaks into top 10 for academic paper on other Manson
February 28, 2013 – 12:17 pm | Comments Off

A UALR William H. Bowen School of Law professor has made the top-ten-most-downloaded list on the Social Science Research Network, according to a university news release.

Civil-rights scholar applies old themes to relevant horizons
February 28, 2013 – 12:17 pm | One Comment

During an afternoon lecture Wednesday, Feb. 20 in the Student Services Center auditorium, a nationally renowned scholar and expert on urban issues presented his discussion, “How Teacher Expectations can Increase Student Involvement,” applying the themes …

‘The Feminine Mystique’ still significant after 50 years
February 28, 2013 – 12:15 pm | Comments Off
‘The Feminine Mystique’ still significant after 50 years

Fifty years ago, Feb. 19, 1963, Betty Friedan’s “The Feminine Mystique” diagnosed “the problem with no name.”

Not just nice, art of flattery an attractive skill
February 28, 2013 – 12:15 pm | Comments Off

How did you feel last time someone told you that you did a good job on a project or have pretty eyes? Compliments make people happy, and knowing how to use them is a valuable …

The death of the DustBuster
February 28, 2013 – 12:14 pm | Comments Off

Like most teens of my generation, I experimented with alcohol. My first experience with the “hair of the dog” was a slapstick event that led to the ruin of a perfectly good G.I. Joe thermos …