Celebrity relationships by no means picture perfect
Valentine’s Day is not always about chocolate, roses, teddy bears that proclaim “I love you” in embroidered cursive, or love at all. Let’s not forget the discarded chocolate, the deflated balloons and the romance that ran its course. Many celebrities have publicly fallen out of love, and 10 of their stories are listed below.
- Al Green’s love went south Oct. 18, 1974. History.com reported that Green’s ex-girlfriend, Mary Woodson, threw a fiery pot of hot grits on his back as he was sinking into the bathtub. Woodson took her own life right after, in Green’s bedroom, History.com said.
- Not everyone celebrates their love in February. Jude Law and his wife, Sienna Miller, separated in February 2011, Glamour magazine reported. Miller had discovered Law having an affair with their children’s nanny.
- When is a bad boy too bad? Kate Moss’s relationship with bad boy, Pete Doherty, was too much for her to handle, Glamour said. Doherty was arrested numerous times for robbery, drug offenses, blackmail and assault. Moss became involved in a cocaine scandal before Doherty’s schenanigans pushed her away, Glamour said.
- In 1995, Hugh Grant had an awfully big adventure when he was arrested in Hollywood with prostitute Divine Brown. He was married to Elizabeth Hurley at that time. The pair waited until five years after to split up, Glamour said.
- Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston – “the golden couple,” Glamour called them – divorced in 2005, when he fell in love with Angelina Jolie. The two hit it off on the set of “Mr. & Mrs. Smith.”
- In 1991 Julia Roberts played a runaway bride years before her movie role. Roberts broke off her engagement to Kiefer Sutherland three days before the big day. She fled with his best friend, Jason Patric, Glamour said.
- How can we forget about Chris Brown and Rihanna’s break up in 2009? Brown received a text message from another woman, sparking an argument that led to Rihanna’s abuse and a wild break up, NY Daily News reported. The couple fought in a rented Lamborghini in a Hollywood Hills neighborhood.
- Another steamy couple, Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattison, called it quits last year. Stewart had an affair with Rupert Sanders, her director in “Snow White and the Huntsman,” Perezhilton.com said.
- Her Oscar for “Best Actress” brought Sandra Bullock frowns as well as smiles. After her award for “Blind Side,” Bullock found that her husband, Jesse James, cheated on her, The Huffington Post said.
- Mel Gibson’s heart break began when he showed his violent side to his wife, Oksana Grigorieva. Gibson was recorded admitting to violence against his wife and threatening her life, Fox News said. Other recordings captured Gibson insulting her dress and making other demeaning comments.