Baseball brawl brings bevy of bad broadcasts
April 16, 2014 – 1:47 pm | No Comment

The old saying goes that any publicity is good publicity, but in this case university officials may disagree with that notion.

Read the full story »
News

Features

Sports

Entertainment

Video

Home » Archive by Month

Article Archive for August 2013

SGA sets sights on campus unification, involvement
August 31, 2013 – 3:34 pm | One Comment
SGA sets sights on campus unification, involvement

The student government association, under the leadership of President Lauren McNeaill and Vice-President Trey Gibeault, intends to bring improvements to UALR.

Jack Stephens Center undergoing slight makeover
August 31, 2013 – 2:10 pm | Comments Off
Jack Stephens Center undergoing slight makeover

The Jack Stephens Center arena floor is getting a slight make-over, featuring new logos, line changes and waxing. The $15,000 project is expected to be complete during the first or second week of September.

Bike patrol brings increased safety to UALR
August 30, 2013 – 2:13 pm | Comments Off
Bike patrol brings increased safety to UALR

by Hunter Spence
The Department of Public Safety has announced a number of upgrades to begin the year, including a new bike patrol squadron, new uniforms and four newly-trained officers. Adding these new, more mobile officers will …

French Pressed
August 28, 2013 – 8:21 pm | Comments Off
French Pressed

Even though classes started two or three weeks ago, we all are still adjusting to our schedules and classes. I personally don’t have to change classes this semester, but I remember I had to drop …

Student sets his sight, hopes on college wrestling team
August 28, 2013 – 11:31 am | Comments Off
Student sets his sight, hopes on college wrestling team

by Steven Savage
Some have said being able to see and having no vision in life is worse than being blind. A UALR student is using his disability as a way to push himself to work …

Professors: Get on our level
August 28, 2013 – 11:26 am | Comments Off
Professors: Get on our level

EDITORIAL:
Just like Pavlov’s dogs, we have been trained to associate textbooks with college necessity.

Begic prepared for record-breaking season at UALR
August 28, 2013 – 9:20 am | Comments Off
Begic prepared for record-breaking season at UALR

by Tonio Gayden
Making shots is nothing new to UALR volleyball player and 2013 Sun Belt Conference Pre-Season player of the year Edina Begic. She’s been making shots since she was 8 years old and playing …

New album presents latest note in Groovecluster’s progression
August 26, 2013 – 4:02 pm | Comments Off
New album presents latest note in Groovecluster’s progression

Jackson Diner, a sophomore mass communication major known to the music scene as Groovecluster, half-smiles as he plucks his electric guitar. He dawns golden headphones and nods rhythmically behind a laptop, shaping the beats and …

New addition to anime franchise brings imagination, concern
August 26, 2013 – 12:35 am | One Comment
New addition to anime franchise brings imagination, concern

In an age of spin-offs and rehashes, it’s difficult to predict whether you’re in for a thought-provoking tale or something of D-grade, “SyFy” quality. We’ve seen prequels create some phenomenal character portraits while others have …

Kickball kicks off Reach 13,000
August 26, 2013 – 12:34 am | Comments Off

Reach 13,000, a canned food drive led by the Chancellor’s Leadership Corps that aims to collect 13,000 canned goods for the Arkansas Food Bank or a similar mission led by the Staff Senate, will begin …

Book tour lands astronaut in Little Rock
August 26, 2013 – 12:33 am | Comments Off

“Magnificent desolation.”

French Pressed
August 26, 2013 – 12:32 am | Comments Off

by Pauline Mothu
Everyone has a story – let me tell you mine. My name is Pauline and I am an international student from Orléans, France, studying at UALR for the third year now. Things here …

Campus survey reveals perceptions on diversity
August 22, 2013 – 2:01 pm | Comments Off

Per the request of the UALR Diversity Council, the UALR Institute of Government Survey Research Center conducted a campus wide survey about faculty, staff, and student sentiments on diversity. The results of the study were …

Campus police devise plan in case of active shooters
August 22, 2013 – 2:01 pm | Comments Off

It happened at Columbine. It happened at Sandy Hook. It happened at Virginia Tech. Could it happen at UALR?