Baseball brawl brings bevy of bad broadcasts
April 16, 2014 – 1:47 pm | Comments Off

The old saying goes that any publicity is good publicity, but in this case university officials may disagree with that notion.

Read the full story »
News

Features

Sports

Entertainment

Video

Home » Archive by Month

Article Archive for October 2013

New (old) songs, new meaning for The Avett Brothers
October 30, 2013 – 4:49 pm | Comments Off
New (old) songs, new meaning for The Avett Brothers

It is becoming harder and harder to find a band that spans multiple genres and garners attention from several sects of the music industry, but that is exactly what The Avett Brothers manage to do …

Synthpop star strikes back with ‘Songs From a Broken Mind’
October 24, 2013 – 1:52 pm | Comments Off
Synthpop star strikes back with ‘Songs From a Broken Mind’

With the army of artists trying to resurrect their prime, Gary Numan is often looked upon as a washed-up one hit wonder. He’s best known for the 1979 staple “Cars,” a primitive synth-pop track with …

Timeout! Oct. 23 Edition
October 24, 2013 – 1:38 pm | Comments Off
Timeout! Oct. 23 Edition

For the first and possibly last time this semester, I’m going to be a little more serious. With a topic as inconsequential as sports, I usually don’t worry about my opinion being disagreed upon. …

French pressed: Oct. 23 edition
October 24, 2013 – 1:23 pm | Comments Off

When I first came to UALR in 2011 as an exchange student, I excepted the school system to be different from the one in my home university. I knew for instance that I could choose …

UALR students weigh in on their love of horror
October 24, 2013 – 1:15 pm | Comments Off

The heat of summer is finally dissipating and the chill of autumn is setting in. Everywhere you go, pumpkin-flavored everything bombards your taste buds, and if you walk into any local grocery or convenience store, …

Soccer seniors face last stand
October 24, 2013 – 1:06 pm | Comments Off

The UALR Trojan soccer team nears the end of its season with the goal of making it to the conference tournament still within reach. The five seniors remain positive in what has been a …

Women’s basketball ready to get rolling
October 24, 2013 – 1:01 pm | Comments Off
Women’s basketball ready to get rolling

After ending last season in the first round of the Women’s NIT, the Lady Trojans basketball team is preparing for the 2013-14 season with a new look.

Trojan women’s volleyball team may be school’s best-kept secret
October 24, 2013 – 12:55 pm | Comments Off
Trojan women’s volleyball team may be school’s best-kept secret

The UALR women’s volleyball team started their conference schedule on Sept. 27 at Mobile, Ala. where the team beat South Alabama 3-1. The UALR Trojans have been blazing through games ever since. The team won 7 straight …

2013 SpectacUALR
October 24, 2013 – 12:50 pm | Comments Off
2013 SpectacUALR

The 2013 SpectacUALR took place on Oct.10 at the Jack Stephens Center.  According to the Trojan Athletics website, more than $220,000 was raised for the UALR athletic program, setting a new record for donations.  This year’s program marked the …

Staff Editorial: Do student loans really benefit students?
October 24, 2013 – 12:35 pm | Comments Off

Among one of the largest problems facing modern college students is student loan debt. Because of varying interest rates and tuition costs, the amount of debt often varies, with students attending private colleges and Ivy …

Rising rock act to perform next month at Rev Room
October 23, 2013 – 5:00 pm | 2 Comments
Rising rock act to perform next month at Rev Room

California hard-rock band “Smile Empty Soul” will be playing Nov. 3 at the Revolution Music Room. To spread the word at UALR of the upcoming show, drummer Jake Kilmer spoke to The Forum on Friday, …

DPS gets new substation, Stabler Hall chosen as base
October 23, 2013 – 10:14 am | One Comment
DPS gets new substation, Stabler Hall chosen as base

For quite some time, UALR had only one police station. The Department of Public Safety has been based on the outer edge of campus. But, this is now changing.

Alliance finds insulting slur on flyer
October 23, 2013 – 10:13 am | Comments Off
Alliance finds insulting slur on flyer

Alliance President Zack Baker found a gay slur written on one of the organization’s flyers on Tuesday, Oct. 8 in Stabler Hall. Instead of lashing out at the individual, Baker said this incident just shows …

Chancellor announces restructuring plans
October 23, 2013 – 10:12 am | Comments Off

On Oct. 15 and 17, Chancellor Joel E. Anderson announced his plans for administrative and academic restructuring.