Features

Sports

Entertainment

Video

Home » Sports

Where are they now? Kim Sitzmann

Submitted by Alton Young on October 2, 2013 – 9:53 amOne Comment

Former Trojan Kim Sitzmann

Kim Sitzmann played for the Lady Trojan women’s basketball team from 2006 until 2010.  The Forum recently caught up with her to ask a few questions.

Forum: What team are you currently playing for?

Sitzmann: I play for the Collie Crane Hire Southwest Slammers in Banbury, Western Australia. I’ve been there for two seasons.  Just finished the second.

Forum: How is the season going for you so far?

Sitzmann: We made it to the Semi-finals this year, after winning the championship the first season.Forum: What is the most exciting thing to happen to you as a professional?

Sitzmann: Most exciting would definitely be winning the championship that first season.  The Slammers women’s program has never won more than eight games in a single season before the 2012 season and we went 20-7 that year.  I was awarded the MVP of the Grand Final (championship game).  Highlight of my career for sure!

Forum:  What has the experience of playing overseas been like?

Sitzmann: Playing overseas has been a dream come true!  I love making friends all over the globe and getting to experience all the different cultures!  It’s crazy different from place to place – Holland, Germany, and Australia.

Forum: What did you learn while playing here at UALR that you still use now?

Sitzmann: Coach Foley taught me how to keep my mind open to endless opportunities.  Don’t play the game like a robot.  And how to play with your heart and leave it all on the court.  If I’m going to keep playing professionally, then I’m going to give it my all!

Forum: What is your ultimate goal as a professional?

Sitzmann: My ultimate goal as a professional would be to keep climbing the ladder and maybe one day get to play in front of my friends and family on my home grounds.

One Comment »

• Vale Mica says:

I would have loved to hear more from her regarding how to cope with injuries when one is playing at the professional level like her. I am stuck since 2 years because of a knee injury!

Goodluck Kim!