News

Features

Sports

Entertainment

Video

Home » News

University launches new marketing strategy

Submitted by Hillary Perkins on October 23, 2013 – 10:06 amNo Comment

UALR has revamped its marketing strategy to recruit potential students. The new campaign includes several new projects.

The Grads at Work campaign is one of the university’s efforts to bring in more students. It consist of UALR college graduates telling their stories about their lives after college. The project began two years ago.

This year, there is a new campaign called My Future at Work. The My Future at Work campaign highlights the stories of students enrolled at UALR. The stories are focused on their hometown, personal experiences, reasons for choosing UALR, and the careers they would like to pursue.

“I think one of the things that are given is the platform for students to have a voice,” said Judy Williams, the Executive Communications Director in the Office of Communications. Williams is also the supervisor of the Digital Strategy Division and the Printing Services Strategy.

The My Future at Work campaign’s website contains content from different types of marketing medium such as newspapers, television, and radio. Various stories will be uploaded on this website.

“It allows people in the community to benefit from our resources on campus,” said Jared Jacks, one of the recruitment coordinators from the Office of Recruitment.

The marketing strategy also has another component called the Recruitment Road Trip. The point is take the university to perspective students.  “Our Regional Open Houses are designed to bring the UALR experience to students and their parents in the respective communities,” said Dean Ray Kahler, a recruiter in the Office of Communications.

These open houses last for two hours. The Recruitment Road Trip collaborates with the Alumni Association to set up meetings during road trips. When traveling to different places, other students are allowed to join and ask questions about UALR. Door prizes are given away and students get to meet student ambassadors.

There are two road trips coming up. The first trip will be to Texarkana on Oct. 29 from 6 pm. to 8 p.m. at the Northridge County Club. The next trip will be to Memphis on Nov.5 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the Lichterman Nature Center.

“We use different approaches to reach those different populations from direct mail to digital messages and social media to use of international agents, word, of mouth, search subscriptions and telemarketing strategies,” said Kahler.

For more information, visit ualr.edu/recruitment/road-trip/.

Comments are closed.