Sports

Entertainment

Video

Home » Sports

Where are they now?: Solomon Bozeman

Submitted by Alton Young on November 6, 2013 – 5:47 pmNo Comment
Photo courtesy Nelson Chenault
Kryvbasket Logo used with permission
Solomon Bozeman played for the Trojans basketball team from the 2008-2011.  Bozeman averaged 16.6 ppg in his final season, shooting nearly 46 percent from 3-point range.  He is currently with Kryvbasket in Ukraine.  The Forum recently caught up with him to ask a few questions.
Forum: What team are you currently playing for?
Bozeman: I am currently playing for Kryvbasket in Kryvyi Rih, Ukraine.
Forum: How is the season going for you so far?
Bozeman: The season is going well so far. We just finished our pre-season schedule. Our team had a good training camp in Lithuania; we won six games and lost two. I really feel as though I’m developing as a point guard.
Forum: What has been the most exciting thing to happen to you as a professional player?
Bozeman: One of the most exciting things that happened in my career was playing for Coach Eduardo Najera last season. He was a tough player and a great athlete in the NBA. I have a great deal of respect for him as a coach because he believed in me and gave me a lot of confidence as basketball player.
Forum: What was it like to play in the NBDL? (Bozeman played in the NBA Development League from 2011-13 averaging over 8 ppg)
Bozeman: It was a great learning experience because I got a chance to play with some really talented guys, who have played in the NBA before. A few were Chris Douglas Roberts, Mike James, Delonte West, and Sean Singletary. There was a lot of young talent and veteran players who all worked really hard. This created a lot of great competition in the D-League because everybody was playing for that one shot – to get that call to the NBA.
Forum: What did you learn while playing here at UALR that you still use now?
Bozeman: I learned how to play hard and play defense. I also learned to bring toughness every day. Those three things are important and you will definitely learn them while working with Coach Shields. What I learned from Coach Shields plays a huge part in my success now and it is the reason I am still a professional to this day.
Forum: What is your ultimate goal as a professional?
Bozeman: My ultimate goal is to be in the NBA. This is what drives me. It motivates me to wake up every morning and work extremely hard.

Comments are closed.