News

Features

Sports

Entertainment

Video

Home » News

Young Life sessions now on campus

Submitted by Victoria Hickey on February 13, 2014 – 3:34 pm4 Comments

Are you looking for a way to make a difference in your community and even around the world? Do you want to meet new people and play games? Do you want to participate in a weekly Bible study?  UALR Young Life may be for you.

Courtesy of UALR Young Life

Young Life is an international organization- in over 72 countries around the world.

Young Life at UALR was started three years ago by a group of students- Ellen Brown, Art Slaton and Melissa Jones.

It is a church-based group in which you attend fun activities and events and also participate in service work.  While attending a Young Life gathering you can expect to be welcomed with open arms.  When the students meet, they play games, do a devotional lessons, talk about the lessons, watch video clips,  get to know other college students, and learn more about God and His purpose.

“The purpose of Young Life is to help students explore who they are and who God is and how that might all work together. It’s a safe place for students to be themselves and to be accepted in the context of a community where people from all segments of the campus can interact with one another,” said Young Life leader Jud Jones.

Jones became a Young Life leader 33 years ago because he felt “it was the best way for me to have an impact on my community and hopefully the world.” He now leads UALR Young Life group, which meets Sunday nights at 9 p.m. in the DSC Leadership Lounge.

There is also a large group that meets on Friday’s at noon in the Leadership Lounge, where you can hang out with other students and mingle and talk about God and what is happening in your life.  Young Life is open for everyone.

For more information about the Young Life program, you can download the UALR Young Life app from the App Store or the Google Play store.

4 Comments »

• Manu says:

A Prefect Writer Give something New and also Useful Information or article for there Visitor, You are also one of best writer, I am weekly visitor of your Blog, Your Most article are give us full of valuable and useful Knowledge. You are Great sir, This topic also
    better and unique in This category.. Thanks Keep share It…

• barandbench says:

really nice thing for all who are placed in your organization will be know about ” who is God ” Zia Mody is a cardinal legal consultant and also an important member of Bahai Faith in India. She is refer as to control over securities law and corporate merger.

• I will be wanting to take up a bible study together with my friend in order that we could equally grow also more stronger in our faith. I do believe participating UALR Yong Life is an excellent ideas.

• vipul mathur says:

I always wanted to live my life with full faith on God. Now, since you have a wonderful platform that one can rely upon, I’d like to study holy Bible, along with some others who also want to join with me but could not do that due to lack of motivation (I guess).

Anyways, I thank you for creating such an organization by the name ‘Young Life’ and would love to participate in it. Thanks for sharing. God Bless You.