Video

Home » Features

Homecoming Queen 2014 Candidates: Hannah Lee

Submitted by Alyssa Causey on February 25, 2014 – 11:52 amNo Comment

Photo by Alyssa Causey

Hannah Lee, 21

Junior information science major

Nominated by Society of Women Engineers

Hannah Jin Sun Lee will be representing the student organization Society of Women Engineers. The SWE is an organization that centers on representing women in the field of engineering. Lee is also a member of the eSports Club and the Association of Computing Machinery.

“Not many women are engineers, so we get together and go to huge national conferences. We also go to career fairs and get to know other engineers,” Lee said. She believes SWE builds community.

“There’s a lot of networking. We raise money as a group to go to the conferences,” she said.

Originally from San Luis Obispo, California, Lee moved to Arkansas four years ago. She graduated from Har-Ber High School in Springdale, Ark. She has one older brother. Moving from a large city, Lee said that she likes Little Rock, though it took some getting used to. “It’s really different. But I enjoy it here.”

In high school, Lee was involved in the Environmental and Spatial Technology program. The program had a large impact on her life. EAST helped Lee to make friends in her new school. Lee’s EAST facilitator encouraged her to apply for an EAST scholarship which she later received. She then found herself being admitted to UALR. Lee enjoys being in the EIT building. “The people in EIT really make it feel like I belong here. I felt welcomed right away.”

Lee said she is honored to be representing SWE for UALR Homecoming 2014.

“It’s pretty cool. I think it’s going to be a good experience,” she said. “I look forward to meeting the other people running. I’m excited.”

Comments are closed.