Features

Sports

Entertainment

Video

Home » Sports

Chris Curry selected as head coach for baseball team

Submitted by Margaret Rogers on August 28, 2014 – 3:14 pmNo Comment

By: Ericka Henson

On July 1, UALR announced the new head coach for the baseball team. Chris Curry, an Arkansas native, played for the Chicago Cubs and for the San Francisco Giants. He was a pitching coach at Northwestern State, and has been on the baseball staffs at Arkansas Tech, Arkansas, and Meridian Community College. When asked what he planned to do differently from the previous head coach he said, “I don’t know what the previous head coach did, but I plan to encourage student athletic responsibility in how they carry themselves on and off the field, and encourage them to be academically responsible.”

The coach gave some insight about what motivates him and how he will help the team grow. “Training young men to be men, training them to be tough, and to become developed players. My family also motivates me,” Curry said. He has high standards for the young men that he will be coaching this year.

Curry has a quote that he carries with him to keep him moving forward. “You have to do the things you have to do, to do what you want to do,” Curry said. He elaborated that everything he does leads him to the next step in his life and that this is one of those great opportunities in his life. The UALR baseball team is currently preparing for their upcoming season next spring.

Leave a comment!

Add your comment below, or trackback from your own site. You can also subscribe to these comments via RSS.

Be nice. Keep it clean. Stay on topic. No spam.

You can use these tags:
<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>