News

Features

Sports

Entertainment

Home » Homecoming

Homecoming: Nora Bouzihay

Submitted by Abigail Marshall on February 19, 2015 – 2:05 pmNo Comment

Senior Nora Bouzihay was nominated for homecoming queen by the Student Services Success Initiative. She is majoring in biology and minoring in chemistry. Born in Washington D.C. but raised in Jonesboro, Arkansas, Bouzihay graduated from Arkansas School for Mathematics, Sciences, and the Arts.

She is extremely involved with campus life, she has been the president of UALR’s Muslim Student Association for three years, the President of the International Simulations Association, a UALR Orientation Leader and SGA Associate Justice. In addition, Bouzihay has participated as a member of the American Chemical Society, a mentor for African American Female Initiative, a Donaghey Scholar, a Science Scholar, an ARK-LSAMP Scholar, a member of the Donaghey Scholar Student Committee, and an Academic Grievance Committee Student Representative.

Her biggest accomplishment to date has been being the first female in her family to graduate high school and attend college to pursue higher degrees. At UALR she loves the diversity she has found, “I love seeing people from all kinds of cultural backgrounds.”

For her, the biggest motivation in her life is her mother, “the one person who inspires me each and every single day is my mother. Without her strength and support, I wouldn’t be where I am today.”

In her free time Bouzihay enjoys playing soccer, shopping, traveling and trying new foods.

Comments are closed.