News

Features

Sports

Entertainment

Home » News

Grad student becomes CLC interim coordinator

Submitted by Eva Legg on March 9, 2016 – 11:31 amNo Comment

Starting at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock in fall 2011 as a traditional student in the Chancellor’s Leadership Corps (CLC) program, Williams was a lot like the usual freshman who have a hard time settling into a new place. With the help of the CLC coordinator Nick Steele, her ambassadors and mentors, Williams was able to transition comfortably into her second semester as a freshman. She then decided that she wanted to become a sophomore ambassador in fall 2013. As a sophomore ambassador some of her responsibilities were to aid in transitions and act as a mentor for a group of seven to eight freshman. Continuing on in the CLC program she decided to move up to the junior mentor position in spring 2014.

Williams used college credits earned in her time spent at North LIttle Rock High School to graduate a year early. Although she did not know what her next step would be she said “ I knew I wanted to go to grad school, and I knew I wanted to stay within my department because I love my department in Speech Communications here at UALR.” Her area of studies is applied communication, so obtaining the new position as CLC Interim Coordinator made her a perfect fit.

As CLC Interim Coordinator her duties are to counsel students about classes, financial aid and general needs of the students. Williams is also aiding in interviewing prospective scholars, and organizing those interviews. Her involvement in future plans for CLC is figuring out how to stay connected and keeping CLC students involved at school over the summer. They are working with the Charles W. Donaldson Scholars Academy because she said, “They do a great job with their students over the summer, staying connected with them, and keeping them involved.” Together they are implementing a plan to meet that need within the CLC program. There are lots of exciting new plans being formulated in the CLC office.

Williams is enjoying her new position she said “I love it, because of the people I get to meet, interacting with students, and everybody has been so supportive.”

Comments are closed.