February 26, 2016 – 3:23 pm | Comments Off

The excitement was on at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock on Friday, Feb. 12. A new sorority was announced at a probate that night. Sigma Lambda Gamma made their debut on the Arkansas …

Read the full story »
News

Features

Sports

Entertainment

Home » Archive by Month

Article Archive for January 2017

Highs and Lows for Little Rock’s Team at the Jack
January 25, 2017 – 1:01 pm | Comments Off

By: Kolton Rutherford
Trojan Basketball took on Arkansas State, South Alabama, and Troy in their first home games since students returned for the spring semester. The home stand offered a mixed bag, as Little Rock (LR) …

Trojans Swim Team Enters Conference Championships on High Note
January 25, 2017 – 1:01 pm | Comments Off

By Adrian Miller
The Little Rock swimming and diving team traveled to Arkadelphia on Jan. 21st and defeated Ouachita Baptist 149-16. It was a solid response after suffering a loss the prior weekend. On Jan. 14th, …

Lady Trojans on Fire, Win Three Straight in Homestand
January 25, 2017 – 1:00 pm | Comments Off

By: Kolton Rutherford
The Lady Trojans ended the winter break on a 4-game winning streak and continued their run in the first three games of the spring semester. Facing off against Sun Belt rivals Arkansas State, …

Blackboard issues welcome students back to campus
January 25, 2017 – 12:00 pm | Comments Off

A necessity in today’s higher education learning environment, technology has bridged the gap between many challenges that the modern student today face. From giving freedoms to students to work and learn in the comfort of …

‘Yes’ campaign in the works

When attending college, it’s a safe bet that every semester will be riddled with multiple trips and or calls to various offices. Whether it be the admissions office, student housing, or financial aid, those trips …

UALR, Meet UA Little Rock

Chancellor Andrew Rogerson announced a new logo and abbreviated name for the university on Monday. Effective immediately, UALR will now go by the newly abbreviated name of UA Little Rock. The chancellor also unveiled …

State representative hints at new gun bill

Arkansas gun laws on college campuses may not be a common conversation starter for most people but it is still a hot topic that faculty, staff, and students across the state should be aware of. …

Eat Beat: Dizzy’s Gypsy Bistro
January 21, 2017 – 2:32 pm | Comments Off

I had been meaning to check out this restaurant for some time, and my only regret was that I didn’t visit sooner! Dizzy’s Gypsy Bistro is located in the River Market area of downtown Little …

What’s Happening in Little Rock
January 21, 2017 – 2:06 pm | Comments Off

Little Rock Soup Sunday 2017
Jan. 29
The Arkansas Advocates for Children and Families gears up for another Little Rock Soup Sunday.
The Arkansas Advocates for Children and Families is a non-profit organization “which encourages public policy in Arkansas that will benefit children and …

The Struggle is Real
January 21, 2017 – 10:32 am | Comments Off

It happens every year. I wear myself thin in the Fall semester, then I use the three and a half week break to try and catch up on all the sleeping we missed.
But in January, …

From script to screen: August Wilson’s ‘Fences’ gives a remarkable performance
January 20, 2017 – 10:56 pm | Comments Off

The film “Fences” brought more emotions than anyone could ever imagine. “Fences” is film about a father trying to come to terms with the outcome of his life. Set in Pittsburg in the 1950’s, the …

Trojan Hoops over the Holiday Break
January 19, 2017 – 5:52 pm | Comments Off

Trojan Hoops over the Holiday Break
By Adrian Miller
While most UALR students were enjoying the winter break, the men’s and women’s basketball teams were hard at work on the basketball court. The Little Rock (LR) men …