News

Features

Sports

Entertainment

Home » Entertainment, Features

For big burgers with big flavor, try Big Orange

Submitted by Brittany Owens on February 13, 2017 – 10:19 pmNo Comment

I have searched all over Little Rock for a good burger. I have visited just about every burger place in the city and just when I was about to give up hope, I walked into Big Orange.

This restaurant is exclusive to Little Rock. There are two locations in the city: in the Promenade on Chenal Parkway and in Midtown, in the shopping center on Markham Street across from Park Plaza Mall. The midtown location is the most convenient for UA Little Rock students, as it is just three miles from the campus.

The dimly lit, two story restaurant has a bar and grill atmosphere. A variety of beer and wine is available for customers over 21-years-old, as well as cocktails created by the restaurant. Also available on the drink menu is fresh squeezed lemonade and orange juice, locally brewed coffee (from Blue Sail Coffee Roasters), Loblolly Creamery fountain sodas, and Coca-Cola products.

The servers at Big Orange were very patient and helpful. I sat at the bar and both the bartenders took turns helping me. They were eager to answer any questions even before they found out I had never eaten there before. They gave me tips on what to order based on what I told them I liked and even made suggestions on how I should order.

Big Orange is a burger joint but they also serve chicken, tilapia, and vegetarian sandwiches. There are several kinds of burgers on the menu. Once you’ve picked which kind you’d prefer, you can decide whether to have a beef, turkey, or veggie burger patty. The restaurant specifies which burger patty is best for a few of the choices.

I ordered the Farmer’s Burger. It came with Havarti cheese, a fried local Arkansas farm egg, butter leaf lettuce, tomato, red onion, and Aioli spread. The menu suggested trying it with a turkey patty, so I did. The burger was well-seasoned, and very delicious. It was worth the $11.50 it cost.

On a scale from one to ten, I’d give Big Orange an eight, taking off two points for their prices.

Comments are closed.