Need a reason to take some UALR classes this summer? Check out this list and make your plans today.
During my first couple of years in college out of high school, I chose to stay on campus for the summer because 1) my boyfriend (now husband) was staying, 2) I could knock out tough classes, and 3) I wouldn’t have to move back home again.
Our office is in the middle of a summer enrollment campaign, so I asked campus recruiters and academic advisers why UALR students like to take summer classes.
Their top 12 reasons:
- Move up their graduation date
- Boost their GPA for grad school acceptance or to renew their lottery scholarship
- Study abroad
- Fit a couple of classes in their summer work schedule
- Get a jump start on fall semester
- Take some classes while home from another university
- See their professors in Hawaiian shirts
- Be around for Riverfest, Arkansas Travelers games, and summer concerts
- Improve chances to get a better job
- Get pre-requisite courses out of the way
- Focus on a difficult course
- Take a class for fun
And still true today, summer school is a good excuse to hang out with friends and avoid moving back in with the parents.