About the Center
The Jodie Mahony Center for Gifted Education at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock provides programs and services to talented students and their families, teachers, and administrators. Established in 2001, it is only one of twenty-five such centers nationwide.
The goals of the Center are:
- To provide graduate education for individuals interested in teaching talented youth and in assuming leadership positions in the field of gifted education.
- To provide professional development programs and services to educators who serve talented youth.
- To engage in research and scholarly inquiry on talent development among high ability learners and the educators who serve them.
- To provide a learning laboratory for pre-collegiate learners and their educators.
- To serve as a community resource for talented youth, their families, school districts, and state departments of education.