Degrees and Certificates Offered
Doctor of Philosophy
Program Coordinator Contact Information
Dr. Jing Zhang
- Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree in engineering, technology, science, or related discipline.
- Applicants with only a bachelor’s degree must have an overall undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or 3.3 on the last 60 credit hours. Alternatively, applicants with a master’s degree in engineering should have a master’s GPA of 3.3 or better.
- Standardized test scores: Applicants are required to take the GRE. Applicants must have the following minimum scores:
- GRE test: a score of 146 on the Verbal Reasoning section and a score of 155 on the Quantitative Reasoning section. Applicants should also have a score of 4.5 in the Analytical Writing section.
- English language requirement: International students must satisfy the Graduate School TOEFL or IELTS tests requirements.
- Statement of purpose: Applicants are required to submit a personal statement that should include their background and qualifications for doctoral studies, and emphasize their educational and research interests they intend to pursue at UALR.
- Letters of recommendation: Applicants should make the arrangements for having three letters of recommendation submitted to UALR, on their behalf, by individuals familiar with their academic background and educational interests.
The Engineering Science and Systems Governance Committee will assign a track at the time of admission to each Ph.D. student after considering the student’s past academic credentials as well as the student’s request for a track.
Applicants who do not meet all the admission requirements may be recommended for conditional admission by the Engineering Science and Systems Governance Committee. The conditionally admitted students must fulfill the requirements specified by the UALR Graduate School and the Engineering Science and Systems Governance Committee.
See website for more information