- Below are steps that will help with hiring Graduate Assistantships. Please note that the online Appointment of GA form will require an extra log in using your NetId and your user name will be collected to verify the appointment.
- Departments will be allocated positions by their heads or deans.
- If a department is allocated a position and has a student in mind that is eligible, they may hire that student by completing the online appointment of GA form by clicking here and then completing the EPAF.
- If a department is allocated a position and does not have a student in mind, they can send the Graduate School an advertisement for the position. This advertisement should list where the job is located, job duties, work schedule, and supply a contact person. The Graduate School can then post the available GA job for the department. To see if your job is posted, you can click here to reveiw the available GA positions. Once your department has located a GA, you can contact the Graduate School to take the advertisement off the website. Then the online appointment of GA form and EPAF can be completed.
- The graduate school can supply a list of eligible students if your department needs a list. Just email a request for the list to Dana Steele at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that if a student is not on the list as eligible, they may still become eligible (grade changes and completions of “I” grades, for example, may make them eligible after the report has ran - If there is a question about a student, email Dana Steele for a student reveiw.)