Office of Campus Life
Please see the full description for position details and application procedures.
Office of Undergraduate Academic Advising
- Assist with the supervision of student employees; administer regular performance evaluations and provide feedback to help students progress toward achieving their student-learning and development outcomes; and
- Help oversee the reception area; educate student employees regarding customer service skills; make suggestions for, and deliver, training opportunities.
- Assist with the creation, coordination, and dissemination of office outreach and communication materials.
- Conduct research on advising-related issues and assist with assessment efforts.
- Assist the advising team with other duties as assigned.
Graduate Assistant in the Intensive English Language Program
The Intensive English Language Program at UALR is seeking to hire a graduate assistant for administrative duties.
Location: Stabler Hall 301
Contact person: Shayna Sessler, interim Director | firstname.lastname@example.org
Schedule: negotiable (office hours are 8-5, M-F)
- Greeting current and potential students who need assistance
- Helping visitors with the application process for IELP
- Assisting with registration and record-keeping
- Producing letters and transcripts for students
- Initial processing of admissions documents
- Maintaining information spreadsheets
- General scanning and copying as needed
- Answering the phone, making phone calls
- Taking tuition payments
Possible special projects
- Research new curriculum
- Research new language software and testing services
- Recruiting projects — video, social media, student involvement
- Analysis of the Program’s current record-keeping practices, development of new databases and procedures
Skills and qualities desired
- organized, reliable
- proficient in English, excellent oral and written skills
- proficient with computers — Microsoft Office software and general database
- good customer service skills; able to greet the public in a friendly, helpful manner
- social media proficiency, ability to learn social media promotion
- willing to learn