Date: Aug. 16, 2017 – May 15, 2018
Arkansas State Title: Graduate Assistant
UA Little Rock Functional Title: Graduate Assistant
Position Number: G73967
Department: Division of Student Affairs
Reports to (Position number and Title): Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs (R97779) and Assistant Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs (R99819)
Hours: 20 hours per week*
Compensation: Scholarship and stipend
The Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock is seeking a qualified and motivated graduate student assistant (GA) to help with various projects, including small research projects, presentations, and coordination of staff and resources for new initiatives. Initiative and self-direction are essential.
The GA will primarily work with and report to Sharon Downs, Assistant Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs, and will have regularly scheduled mentoring meetings with the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs.
- Ability to take charge of special projects and see them through to completion
- Develop communication with the campus community on special projects, including social media
- Meet with AVC and provide weekly progress reports
- Assist staff with other duties as assigned by VC or AVC
ADDITIONAL (NON-ESSENTIAL) RESPONSIBILITIES:
- HTML proficiency
- Comfortable using WordPress
- Familiarity with Adobe InDesign
DESIRABLE KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES, AND SKILLS:
- Able to prioritize and multitask with multiple projects
- Highly self-motivated and independent
- Team- and goal-oriented
- Eager to learn and continually improve
- Accepting of and responsive to constructive feedback
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, or related field
- Current enrollment in a graduate-level program in communications, marketing, or a related field
- Excellent communication skills (spoken and written)
This is a PAID POSITION. The candidate is expected to maintain professional behavior and appearance, and otherwise adhere to all university policies.
*We will work with the GA to create a work schedule around their course schedule each semester, within office hours (Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.) Once this schedule is agreed upon, the GA expected to keep that schedule for the duration of the term unless a formal adjustment is made. All absences or adjustments to the work schedule must be communicated and documented appropriately per the unit’s policies.
Please contact Sharon Downs at email@example.com for more information or to apply.
Visit the Graduate School’s website for more information and policies about graduate assistantships. (ualr.edu/gradschool/faculty-resources/graduate-assistantship/about)