Counseling Services (CS)
The person hired for this position will be asked to perform the following:
- Perform receptionist duties for those seeking services and information about CS.
- Provide callers and walk-ins with information for CS and the University community.
- Schedule counseling appointments.
- Correspond via email with clients and administrators as directed.
- Help as needed with CS programs, i.e. Suicide Prevention Week, and activities, i.e., campus mental health screenings.
- Refill paper and replace toner in printers, copiers, etc.
- Make copies of all CS forms, handouts & brochures as needed.
- Do word processing & designing with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Publisher & Excel.
- Clean Reception & CRC â€“ tidy up, dust & polish furniture & computers, refill candy dishes.
- Deliver & pick up paperwork on Campus as needed.
Technical support duties:
- Assist in designing, building and maintaining Counseling Services (CS) website.
- Troubleshoot technical problems with departmental computers and other equipment.
- Provide training as needed.
RequiredÂ Qualifications: The candidate must be enrolled in a graduate degree program, in good academic standing, and eligible for a Graduate Assistanship position.
Desired Qualifications AND/OR Experience:
- Highly motivated and efficient, with the ability to follow directions, effectively prioritize, work without direct supervision and meet deadlines. Also be proactive, finding work to do between assignments.
- Fast learner, become quickly familiar with CSâ€™s services, FAQs, & have a solid overall knowledge of UALRâ€™s colleges, departments, etc.
- Strong people skills and a helpful, professional attitude.
- Maintain strict confidentiality, & adhere to UALRâ€™s & CSâ€™s interpersonal policies and procedures.
- Interact professionally with clients in distress & handle challenging situations with grace & discretion.
- Possess excellent communication skills with an above-average ability to write, speak and present information.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel, and Google Calendar (scheduling) and Documents. Additional knowledge of computer software & hardware is a plus.
- This position requires that you work 20 hours on campus, during business hours, Monday through Friday.
Job location: Student Services Center, Suite 119
To apply:Â submit an application letter and the names and phone numbers of three professional and/or academic references to: Dr. Mike Kirk, Counseling Services, SSC 119 or email@example.com. For more information call 569-3185.
- Chemical Inventory â€“ Assist in the development, update, reconciliation, and maintenance of the chemical inventory system for the campus using the EHSA Chemical Safety Assistant software; perform manual inventory collection in all departments on campus that use chemicals; bar-code all applicable chemicals; develop electronic labels for chemicals; develop and provide reports of chemical inventories.
- Collect hazardous waste from all applicable departments
- Store and consolidate waste in Volatile Storage building
- Maintain Volatile Storage building in an orderly manner
- Develop and provide reports of chemical waste inventories
- Assist in preparing lab-packs.
Qualifications:Â Student should have a solid understanding of chemistry, chemical reactions, how to segregate chemicals, and the use of computer databases, hand-held devices, and bar-coding. Knowledge of regulations regarding the handling of chemicals is a plus. He/she must be able to walk long distances and lift 25 pounds.
Apply and report to:Â Â Vince Rodgers, Director of EHS & Chemical Hygiene, atÂ firstname.lastname@example.org or 501-371-7602.