Undergraduate Credit Collaboration Programs

Credit Reservation Program

UALR undergraduate students may take up to 6 hours of graduate-level courses and reserve the credit for their graduate degree. Unlike the 4+1 program, these graduate-level courses will not count toward both the baccalaureate and the graduate degrees. Instead, the student will choose to use the credit towards either one degree or the other. Once a student’s undergraduate degree has been awarded, he or she cannot change the level of credit received for a class. Additionally, students participating in the credit reservation program do not need to be admitted into a graduate program in order to take graduate-level courses.


  • Undergraduate students who wish to take and reserve courses for graduate credit must be within 15 hours of completing graduation requirements and have a 3.0 GPA.
  • Eligible students who plan to enroll in graduate-level courses must submit a form to the Graduate School prior to registration indicating which courses he or she intends to take. This form must be signed by the instructor of the course(s), the program’s graduate coordinator, the department chair, and the Graduate School dean.
  • Undergraduate students must maintain a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 in all coursework to remain eligible for graduate-level courses. A student whose cumulative GPA falls below a 3.0 will not be allowed to enroll in graduate-level courses the following semester. However, passing graduate courses with a B or greater does NOT guarantee future acceptance into any graduate program at UALR.


  • Students who have completed their baccalaureate degree and are fully admitted into a UALR graduate program may request that the graduate credit hours they took and reserved count toward their graduate degree. These courses must have been taken within the last five years.
  • These courses may not have been used for credit toward the student’s undergraduate degree, unless the student is in a program in which this has been approved by the Graduate Council.
  • The student’s advisory committee, major professor, or graduate coordinator must submit a petition to the Graduate School requesting that the graduate-level courses be accepted for graduate credit.