A Green Dot is any behavior‚ choice‚ word‚ or attitude that promotes safety for all of us and communicates zero tolerance for violence.
A green dot is:
- pulling a friend out of a high risk situation
- donating a few dollars to your local service provider
- displaying an awareness poster in your room or office
- encouraging discussion in class about violence prevention
- putting a green dot message on your Facebook page
- getting your organization to go to Green Dot Bystander Training
- striking up a conversation with a friend or family member about how much the issue of violence matters to you.
How Does it Work?
You know that feeling you get when something isn’t quite right? When something is happening around you that might put someone at risk? That’s when it’s time to enact the 3Ds of Green Dot:
Bystanders don’t have to just stand by. You can play an active role in preventing or stopping violence. To find out more about the foundations of the program, read about the Green Dot Strategy.
A green dot is simply your individual choice at any given moment to make our world safer.
One Green Dot at a time, this is our moment in history to reclaim our right to live free of violence and the fear of violence.
“No one has to do everything. Everyone has to do something. What’s your Green Dot?”