Employee Workers’ Compensation

Health Services is now the designated clinic for UALR workers’ compensation claims (instead of the St. Vincent Family Clinic).  

If your injury is not life threatening, please call the Company Nurse Hotline BEFORE coming to Health Services.  Health Services providers can not treat you until you make that call and they receive the necessary paperwork from Company Nurse.

Effective July 1, 2014, the Public Employee Claims Division (PECD) of the Arkansas Insurance Department, who administers our program, introduced a Telephonic Injury Reporting System for UALR employees to file on-the-job injury claims.  Employees with work related injuries who NEED medical treatment must call the Company Nurse Injury Hotline @ 1-855-339-1893.  It is accessible 24 hours / 7 days a week.

All claims should be reported within 48 hours of the injury.

The process is very simple, employees and supervisors must follow these steps for work related injuries.

  • Employees should immediately notify their supervisor of the injury.
  • If the injury is life threatening, seek emergency care immediately – Call 911.
  • Call the Company Nurse Injury Hotline at 1-855-339-1893 any time medical treatment is needed. If the employee is unable to call Company Nurse, the employee’s supervisor should make the call for the employee.
  • A nurse who answers the hotline, will gather information and make a care recommendation and advise the employee on the next step.
  • An injury report will be sent to the designated treatment facility (UALR Health Services) prior to the injured employee’s visit.
  • The Company Nurse will send the claim form to the Department of Human Resources. Additional information and signatures will be required by the employee and their supervisor. A Human Resources Representative will contact the supervisor to complete this process.
  • All referrals and follow up appointments must be approved in advance by the Public Employee Claims Division. The Public Employee Claims Division, NOT HEALTH SERVICES STAFF, will determine whether or not an employee’s claim is eligible for workers’ compensation benefits. Please contact  the Department of Human Resources for Workers’ Compensation contact information.

Temporary Prescription Form (TPF)
If employees receive medical treatment and need prescriptions filled, they will need a temporary prescription form. A UALR Health Services provider will complete this form. The original will be given to the employee and a copy will be kept in Health Services.

If NO medical treatment is needed, the only required step is that the employee complete an Employee Incident ReportDo not call the Company Nurse, if you do not need medical treatment.

Related Links:

Company Nurse flier which gives the phone number ualr employees should call when injured on the job. 1-855-339-1893