The Sustainability Seminar is an eight-week course that is focused on increasing student awareness of environmental issues.Â This seminar provides an opportunity for students to discuss environmental issues that affect global and local communities by exploring each otherâ€™s perspectives on various topics. The following topics are some of which will be discussed during the course:
- Examining your individual, ecological footprint
- Examining personal buying patterns and alternative choices
- Understanding the relationship between organic eating and sustainability
- Exploring sustainable communities and innovative sustainable solutions
The Sustainability Coordinator will be the facilitator of the discussion seminar. Therefore, student discussion will be a large portion of the course. It is an opportunity to voice your opinions and make your residence a healthier place to live.
Choices for Sustainable Living by Northwest Earth Institute is the book for the course. It will be provided by the facilitator.
Benefits of Participation:
- Increase your awareness of environmental issues
- Explore sustainability through â€śfield tripsâ€ť that include visits to Heifer International to learn more about sustainability
- Gain leadership experience & volunteer hours
- Obtain a certificate of completion that will add value to your resume
- Meet new people & share your opinion
- Gain knowledge that can be useful in other classes
- Trojan Bucks are offered at each session
- The course is free of charge