As the state’s only metropolitan university, UALR provides a strategic focus on the needs of the community by creating active links between the campus, community, and commerce.
Training and Development Philosophy
To advance this agenda, UALR must employ talented, motivated employees and encourage them to commit their full effort in the pursuit of excellence. Each individual retains the ultimate responsibility for his or her career planning and continuous growth and development. Supervisors will stand as full partners in supporting UALR staff and faculty to develop their full potential.
We believe that as an employee, you should:
- Pursue continuous growth and development while striving to excel in your current role.
- Own your individual development plan, seek and pursue learning experiences and build productive relationships with staff and faculty.
- Capture and share your skills, experiences and aspirations to become the best “you” you can be!
Development through Experience, Exposure, Education
When preparing to participate in training and development, it is important to identify specific activities that will teach you the skills and knowledge needed to succeed in your career. These should be a combination of Experience, Exposure and Education activities designed to provide the highest potential for learning and growth to occur.
Learn more about maximizing training and development efforts by clicking on the links below.
HR – Training and Development uses a consultative approach to support your needs aimed at maximizing performance which includes:
- Team building
- Employee engagement and retention
- Change management
- Rewards and recognition
- Supervisory and management training
- Leadership coaching and development
- Strategic planning and departmental development
Tell us what professional development opportunities you want to see offered at UALR. Click on the survey link below to provide your preferences for training and development.
To learn more about how training and development at UALR can provide individual, team, and department effectiveness, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 501.569.