Maximize training opportunities by incorporating experience, exposure and education.
Experience is learning by doing, through new roles or on-the-job “stretch” situations with measurable performance outcomes. Experience provides the greatest practice field by acquiring and refining knowledge, skills, and behavior. Examples of experience-based development may include:
- Work with others in the organization to improve or redesign a work process.
- Create and communicate a formal presentation to a group within or outside UA Little Rock.
- Lead a new change effort that does have the required support (e.g., leveraging a new process or system).
Exposure is learning by observation, through rich feedback and connections with others to produce fresh personal insights and broadened perspectives on current role and development goals. Examples of exposure-based development may include:
- Showcase your skills by volunteering to participate on a task force or special team.
- Build a network of peers (inside and outside UA Little Rock) for exchanging ideas, tips, and best practices.
- Participate in a mentoring relationship that provides career guidance while building a long-term, trusting relationship.
Education is learning by instruction from an expert, through classroom instruction and online courseware. Increasingly, the web has become a source for just-in-time learning through forums, communities, blogs, and online problem-solving resources. Examples of education-based development may include:
- Participating in a training and development course that addresses key competencies needed for success in your current role. Or, to help you gain skills needed for a future role.
- Take part in a best practice webinar.
- Enroll in leadership development programs.
HR – Training and Development uses a consultative approach to support your needs aimed at maximizing performance which includes:
- Team building
- Employee engagement and retention
- Change management
- Rewards and recognition
- Supervisory and management training
- Leadership coaching and development
- Strategic planning and departmental development
Tell us what professional development opportunities you want to see offered at UA Little Rock. Click on the survey link below to provide your preferences for training and development.
To learn more about how training and development at UA Little Rock can provide individual, team, and department effectiveness, contact email@example.com or call 501.569.8675.