How does the application process work?
- First, submit your IELP application and all the necessary documents. (See below.)
- Next, IELP will issue an admission letter and send it to International Student Services.
- Finally, International Student Services will issue an I-20 and ship it to you.
NOTE: It may take IELP and International Student Services 2-3 weeks to process your application, sometimes more in busy periods. Please allow for this in your planning.
Where can I get an IELP application?
What documents do I need to submit with my IELP application?
- Copy of your Passport Information page
- Financial guarantee
- Current I-20 or DS-2019 if you are transferring from another U.S. university
What else do I need to know?
- The form is called the “Immigration Verification Form” but it is also the IELP application.
- The form will ask for your UALR ID number (T number). If you don’t have one, you can type “no ID.”
- * IELP no longer uses a paper application form. You must fill out the online form. If you are having trouble with the online form, please contact us.
What if I need to change my application to a later semester?
If you received admission, but you can’t come until a later semester, you can fill out a Deferral Form.