The International Conference on Information Quality (ICIQ) presents The Donald Ballou and Harald Pazer IQ Dissertation Award for the dissertation on data/information quality that demonstrates the most significant contribution to the IQ field. The winner of this award receives a certificate and a US$1,000 prize. The dissertation must be completed within two calendar years prior to the ICIQ-2013 Conference to be held on November 7-9, 2013 at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
- The author must submit evidence that the dissertation has been completely approved by his/her Dissertation Committee and the University’s (or College) Graduate Office. Preferably this will include direct mailings from the Dissertation Committee Chair, from the relevant Graduate Office or copies of the Ph. D. Diploma or Certificate. As an alternative, the advisor can nominate the candidate together with an endorsement letter without additional evidence. The originator should send the evidence documents on his/her office stationary to:
Dr. Richard Wang
225 Crafts Road
Chestnut Hill, MA, 02467-1421, USA
ATTN: Ballou & Pazer Dissertation Award
- The author must submit a CV and a list of publications, his/her dissertation, and the endorsement of the student’s adviser/dissertation director confirming that the dissertation is completed and has been successfully defended. The dissertation should be submitted to Dr. Markus Helfert at firstname.lastname@example.org for loading on to www.iq-dissertations.net.
- The author must submit an electronic executive summary of 3-4 pages to Dr. Rolf Wigand at email@example.com, Dr. Markus Helfert at firstname.lastname@example.org, and Dr. Richard Wang at email@example.com, respectively. Topics covered must include short statements for each of the following areas with a reference to where these topics appear within the dissertation:
- Clear statement of the contribution of this work to the field of information quality
- Define key terms and concepts used
- Provide examples of constructs
- Describe research methods / mathematics used
- Summarize implications of this research
- Dr. Rolf Wigand (Chair), University of Arkansas at Little Rock, USA
- Dr. Markus Helfert, Dublin City University, Ireland
- Dr. Yang Lee, Northeastern University, USA
- Dr. Stuart Madnick, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA
- Dr. Felix Naumann, Hasso Plattner Institute, Germany
Submission Deadline: September 1, 2013
Please include dissertations, executive summaries and independent statements of evidence of dissertation completion. Submitted dissertations for the competition will be loaded to the IQ Dissertation Web Page Site at this time.