Description: The internship program allows the student to integrate traditional academic work with real world experience. Internships provide professional field experience related to the studentâ€™s major emphasis area. Internships are defined within the academic department. Admissions and other requirements are set by each department. For more information on the Campus Eco-Rep internship position, contact the UALR Sustainability Committee and we will work with the academic department through which the internship is desired.
Supervisor: Reports to Chair of Sustainability Committee or Committee representative (i.e., Chair of Student Engagement subcommittee, Chair of Curriculum & Research subcommittee). Also reports to departmental internship faculty advisor.
Hours: approximately 10 hours per week
Salary: volunteer, unpaid; $750 scholarship to cover tuition and fees for a 3-hour undergraduate internship class
1. Attend all Sustainability Committee meetings.
2. Assist the Graduate Assistant Eco-Rep in carrying out assignments and duties from the Sustainability Committee (i.e., Farm2Work or other programs).
3. Active participation and leadership role in the Student Engagement subcommittee and other subcommittees that interest you.
4. Project management of student competitions, student programs, and other student-focused activities of the Committee.
5. Lead and/or assist in peer-to-peer student sustainability education program (i.e., â€śChoices for Sustainable Livingâ€ť discussion course for students).
6. Serve as a campus student leader and role model in sustainability.
7. Serve as liaison between Sustainability Committee, student body, Student Engagement subcommittee, and other sustainability-focused student activities or groups on campus (Campus Life, Housing, Net Impact, Global Issues, etc.).
8. Assist with social media sites (website, Facebook, blog, etc.).
9. Work with Communications on stories and press releases related to Committee activities and campus sustainability.
10. Work cooperatively with other Eco-Reps (graduate assistants and undergraduate interns).
11. Other duties as required by department internship.
12. Other duties as assigned by Sustainability Committee.
1. Undergraduate student at UALR.
2. Enroll in a department class for internship credit. We will work cooperatively with your chosen department to meet internship requirements. This is a full-semester internship. You may not drop the class, but you may request an incomplete and finish the internship in the next consecutive semester.
Submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com no later than December 15, 2011.