Please complete and submit a graduation application online through BOSSĀ for the semester you anticipate completing ALL of your coursework. Deadlines for graduation application are no later than the end of the sixth week of the fall or spring term and by the end of the second week of Summer II for summer graduation. You may find detailed information about applying for graduation on the Graduation Information page.
Please note: the submission of a graduation application DOES NOT guarantee graduation. You must meet all university and major requirements to receive your degree.
- For those who do not wish to apply for OPT, federal regulations provide you with a 60-day grace period, which starts when you complete your program of study
- You can apply for a change of status. Immigration must receive the application before the end of the grace period.
- You can transfer to a new program. You must completet a Transfer Out Request Form. You will need to have the request approved by ISS, before the end of the grace period.
- Ā You can start a new program of study at UALR. You must be fully admitted, apply for and receive a new I-20 from ISS, before the end of the grace period. Updated financial documentation will be required.
- Ā You can leave the United States before the end of the grace period.
If your plan is to leave the United StatesĀ before the end of your grace period, please note that if you plan to travel to Canada or anywhere else outside of the United States, ISS will not be able to sign your I-20 for travel. This means that if you wish to travel to Canada or elsewhere outside of the United States, you will NOT be able to re-enter the United StatesĀ as an F-1 student.
Finally, if you have dependents (F-2) with you in the United States, their status is dependent upon yours. If you choose to leave the United StatesĀ after you complete your program of study, your family members may not legally stay here if they hold F-2 status.