Bringing a research scholar or visiting faculty member to work at UALR involves the Graduate Institute of Technology, Office of Research and Sponsored Programs, the Provost office, the Office of International Student Services, and other offices as necessary to processed the required immigration paperwork needed to obtain a J-1 visa.
The following are the steps that need to be followed when bringing a visiting Research Scholar or Faculty member to UALR.
Steps to Bring a J-1Â ResearcherÂ or VisitingÂ ProfessorÂ to UALR
- Create an invitation letter to be signed off by chair and dean.
- Forward the signed letter the Graduate Institute of Technology.
- Complete the Visual Compliance Data Form, J-1 Application FormÂ (your exchange visitor),Â and J-1 Visa Departmental Application and forward them to GIT.
- If the exchange visitor is transferring from another college, they will have to complete the J-1 Transfer of Program Sponsorship form.
AfterÂ J-1Â ResearcherÂ or VisitingÂ Professor Arrives
- Exchange visitor comes to ISS with DS-2019, visa, passport, and I-94 paperwork.Â Fills out appropriate paperwork with OIS for check-in.
- ISS validates program in the SEVIS system for exchange visitor.
- ISS does any other necessary paperwork needed for exchange visitor to work on campus. (Social Security Letter, Non-Resident Alien Employment Approval Form, etc)
- Exchange visitor works with Missy Hill for any other necessary paperwork needed to begin employment or research on campus.