The following information can be found below:
Living On Campus
UALR offers a variety of housing options to meet the needs of the diverse student body. Which one is right for you?
- West Hall: Freshman Residence Hallâ€¨ West Hall, UALRâ€™s new freshman hall, offers furnished double bedrooms with vanity and sink in every room. For student convenience a kitchen, private hall baths, living area, and laundry room are located on every floor.
- East Hall: Freshman Residence Hallâ€¨ Traditional suite style, furnished, co-ed, two bedroom units shared by four students. Includes kitchenette, bath, and living area.
- Commons Apartments: North and South Hallsâ€¨ To qualify for the apartments you must be in good standing, have a minimum 2.5 GPA and have completed a minimum of 30 course hours, or be an EIT or Donaghey Scholarship recipient, or be an UALR student athlete.
- University Village: University Village is a 420-bed residence complex for sophomores, juniors, seniors, and graduate students featuring two and four bedroom apartment-style suites with private baths and a resort-style swimming pool with community amenities.
- Rental Houses-Family Housing: â€¨UALR owns several houses in the Oak Forest neighborhood. These unfurnished houses are available for student, faculty or staff families. Depending on size and amenities, rent averages $500-$600 per month plus utilities
To live on campus, apply for student housing through the Office of Student Housing. ApplyÂ EARLY!!!
Freshmen Housing Policy
All first-time freshmen are required to live in campus housing. Living on campus offers a greater sense of community and connection to UALR. It’s also a great way to experience American culture and improve your colloquial English. Learn more about the Freshmen Housing Policy.
Living Off Campus
Apartments within walking distance of UALR campus:
- Westpark Meadowsâ€¨: A quiet community. The management lives on the property as well as some of the staff. It is a gated community and it has a pool. It has twenty-four hour maintenance service. All apartments have its own washer/dryer. It offers both furnished apartments and unfurnished apartments.
- South Oaks: Located within two blocks of UALR. It offers unfurnished apartment and 3 floor plans. Laundromat onsite.
- Hotels:Â Little Rock has a variety of hotels you can stay in. Prices range from $50 to $140Â a night. This link will provide you with a list of hotels in Little Rock, as well as a their location and website.
- Host Families:Â UALR is pleased to cooperate with an organization known asÂ International Friendship Outreach. This generous community of families in the Little Rock area enjoy meeting new international students at the airport and hosting students for 1-2 nights prior to the beginning of the semester. If you are interested in this short-term opportunity, visit their website for detailed information.
Most accommodations will not be pre-furnished upon your arrival. Be sure to make arrangements for bedding, towels, kitchenware and extra furniture as needed. Especially if you are arriving to Little Rock late in the evening, it may be best to find a hotel for a good first nightâ€™s sleep. Shop for these essential items once you are rested the next day or make arrangements for these items to be available upon your arrival.
- Bedding: sheets,Â blanket, pillow
- Bathroom: towel, toilet paper, shower curtain
- Kitchen: plates, cups, spoons, forks
- General: cleaning supplies, electrical converter