Once you have your student visa, quickly secure your living arrangements in Little Rock. You can choose to live either in campus housing or in an off-campus apartment. You can also request temporary housing for a few days if needed. Once you’re settled in, we’ll give you a list of living essentials for your dorm room or apartment.
Living On Campus
UALR offers a variety of housing options to meet the needs of the diverse student body. Apply for housing through the Office of Student Housing.
To live on campus, apply for student housing through the Office of Student Housing. Apply early!
Freshmen Housing Policy
All first-time freshmen are required to live in campus housing. Living on campus offers a greater sense of community and connection to UALR. It’s also a great way to experience American culture and improve your colloquial English. Learn more about the Freshmen Housing Policy.
Living Off Campus
If you would like to live off-campus, there are many apartments within driving distance to UALR and a few within walking distance. Visit the Little Rock Chamber of Commerce for a list of apartments in the area. If you would like to find an international student roommate for an off-campus apartment, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will pass your contact along to other interested international students.
- Hotels: Little Rock has a variety of hotels you can stay in. Prices range from $50 to $140 a night. This link will provide you with a list of hotels in Little Rock, as well as a their location and website.
- Host Families: UALR is pleased to cooperate with an organization known as International Friendship Outreach. This generous community of families in the Little Rock area enjoy meeting new international students at the airport and hosting students for 1-2 nights prior to the beginning of the semester. If you are interested in this short-term opportunity, visit their website for detailed information.
Most accommodations will not be pre-furnished upon your arrival. Be sure to make arrangements for bedding, towels, kitchenware and extra furniture as needed. Especially if you are arriving to Little Rock late in the evening, it may be best to find a hotel for a good first night’s sleep. Shop for these essential items once you are rested the next day or make arrangements for these items to be available upon your arrival.
- Bedding: sheets, blanket, pillow
- Bathroom: towel, toilet paper, shower curtain
- Kitchen: plates, cups, spoons, forks
- General: cleaning supplies, electrical converter