International Student Orientation is mandatory and provides a variety of information regarding life at UALR, campus services for students, academic policies, the U.S. educational system, American culture, health and nutrition concerns, and immigration regulations. Students will also learn more about the Office of International Student Services and the support and retention activities it offers to the community.
During orientation you will satisfy your Immigration Reporting requirement, so bring your immigration documents and know your local US address. Orientation participation is required prior to class registration.
Upcoming International Student Orientation Dates
- Summer 2016 orientation is May 19, 2016 [View Schedule]
- Fall 2016 orientation is August 9-10, 2016
During the mandatory international student orientation prior to the start of each semester, all new F-1 and J-1 international students and visiting scholars are will report to International Student Services. After attending orientation and completing the Immigration Reporting requirements, the International Reporting hold will be removed from the student’s record.
To fulfill your reporting requirement:
- Bring your passport and I-20 or DS-2019 to checkin at orienation
- Attend the mandatory sessions at orientation
- Update your personal information in BOSS including your physical US address, active phone number, and emergency contact
Register for Orientation