Regular admission may be granted to applicants who have achieved the following:
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution with grade point average of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) for the last 60 hours, and at least 2.7 for a cumulative GPA.
- Preferred Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores in the range of 153 for theÂ verbal section and 148 for the quantitative section or 400 on the Miller Analogies Test (MAT).
- A written statement of educational and career goals that demonstrates a fit with the goals of the MPA program.
Work in other graduate or professional programs will be considered in making admission decisions.
- 2 letters of recommendation are required.
Program of Study
The public administration degree requires 39 graduate credit hours, including 24 core hours, 15 approved elective hours, successful completion of a major applied capstone project paper and oral presentation. Students without professional, managerial, or research experience in public administration are strongly urged to take a three-hour internship in addition to the 39 hours required for the program.
Course Sequence Guide
The recommendedÂ course sequence guideÂ is provided to assist students to map their MPA experience depending on the number hours a student can enroll in each semester.Â We recommend highly that students complete their core courses before enrolling in selected elective courses.Â Â You may alsoÂ examine theÂ course schedulesÂ for specific semesters and enrollment procedures.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit the following directly to the UALR Graduate School:
Official UALR Graduate application form (available atÂ ualr.edu/gradschool)
- Official transcripts of undergraduate and graduate work
- Official GRE or MAT scores
- Official TOEFL scores (international students only)
- Applicants must submit the following directly to the MPA Coordinator:
- Written statement of educational and career goals
- At least two letters of recommendation from faculty who can evaluate applicantâ€™s academic performance (required)
Applicants to the MPA program are accepted for the fall and spring semesters.Â While there is no official deadline, applications do need to be processed and reviewed.Â It is recommended that students have their completed applications on fileÂ by:
- Spring Admission- November 15th
- Fall Admission- July 15th
Students requesting graduate assistantships should have their application files completed by April 15th.