Regular admission may be granted to applicants who have achieved the following:
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution with grade point average of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) for the last 60 hours, and at least 2.7 for a cumulative GPA.
- Preferred Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores in the range of 153 for theÂ verbal section and 148 for the quantitative section or 400 on the Miller Analogies Test (MAT).
- A written statement of educational and career goals that demonstrates a fit with the goals of the MPA program.
Work in other graduate or professional programs will be considered in making admission decisions.
- 2 letters of recommendation are required.
Applicants must submit the following directly to the UALR Graduate School:
Official UALR Graduate application form (available atÂ http://www.ualr.edu/gradschool)
- Official transcripts of undergraduate and graduate work
- Official GRE or MAT scores
- Official TOEFL scores (international students only)
- Applicants must submit the following directly to the MPA Coordinator
- Written statement of educational and career goals
- At least two letters of recommendation from faculty who can evaluate applicantâ€™s academic performance (required)
Applicants to the MPA program are accepted for the fall and spring semesters.Â While there is no official deadline, applications do need to be processed and reviewed.Â It is recommended that students have their completed application on fileÂ by:
Spring Admission- November 15th
Fall Admission- July 15th
Students requesting graduate assistantships should have their application files completed by April 15th.