Students and employees automatically receive NetID, email, Windows (Active Directory), and BOSS accounts. Access to other university systems may require special authorization. Prior to using newly-created accounts for the first time, you must set a strong password on each account.
These accounts are used to access many different applications, including
- Create new or change existing network/system accounts
- Authorization from a department head and unit head is required to create accounts for individuals who do not currently have an active affiliation with the university (that would normally grant them account access). Examples include new hires that need access before their employee status has been processed, temporary guests and vendors, or students who need to retain access to their accounts beyond enrollment. This form does not apply to shared accounts of any kind.
- Expiration Date: The expiration of this special access will not affect an employee or student once an EPAF or admission application has been processed. Accounts will only be disabled if there are no other records that would normally keep an account active. The maximum expiration date for each access request is 1 year from the date of the request.
- Banner is a comprehensive relational database system containing administrative information about UALR. Contained within the system are student, employee, and finance records. Because some of these data are sensitive and protected by privacy laws, every effort is made to ensure their integrity. Authorization from your direct-report/supervisor is required for access to Banner. A new authorization request will not replace existing access unless indicated on the form.
- Request an exception to the BOSS session time-out
- BOSS has a very short session time-out policy in order to increase the security of private or protected information. Employees may request an exception to this policy to prevent BOSS from logging them out during the work day.
|Campus Mail or Drop-off||IT Services Assistance Center Student Union A (SU-A 105)|
Unless otherwise noted, all forms may be filled out using a PDF reader, printed, signed, and then scanned back in for delivery via email.