- Your full email address (e.g., email@example.com) is your client user name used to log in.
- Hostname: imap.gmail.com
- Port: 993
- Secure connection setting: SSL
- Hostname: smtp.gmail.com
- Port: 587
- Secure connection setting: TLS (if TLS is not an option in your client, use SSL and port 465)
- Hostname: m.google.com
- Domain: (not used)
Troubleshooting a Locked Account
If too many failed password attempts are made on your mail account, Google may place a lock preventing you from logging in with a mail client. To remove the lock, use Google’s account verification / unlock page. Follow these steps after verifying or resetting your Mail password in BOSS:
- On the Google account verification log-in page, enter your full email address (do not enter your password at this time) and click the Sign in button.
- On the UALR log-in page, enter your NetID username and password and click the Log in button.
- On the Additional Verification page, click the Continue button.
- Log into your mail account on your mail client to verify the lock has been removed.