IT Services has begun a project of modernizing the campus wireless system in order to provide a better user experience.
The upgrade will also bring the following new features to the campus wireless network:
- a guest/visitor network
- self-registration of wireless devices
- persistent sessions (less logging back in)
- multiple security zones for institutional verses BYOD devices
Phase 1 of the project will be focused on improving the performance of the wireless network for all campus housing. As funding is made available, future phases will address academic and administrative buildings.
- IT Services presents project to the UALR cabinet for phase 1 funding.
- IT Services receives approval from the UALR cabinet; work begins.
- Successful legislative review per Act 557.
- IT Services receives initial hardware. Switches are configured and ready to be installed.
- During the week of November 23, hardware is installed in Housing East/North/South Halls.