This Spring the Young Alumni Committee of the Alumni Board created a new campaign to engage graduates from 2008 through 2012 – the “Benjamins for Bowen” Initiative. These graduates have received invitations to give back to the law school by donating $100 a year – or $8.33 a month.
The U.S. News and World Report uses alumni giving when ranking law schools. Average giving is 12 percent; however, Bowen would like to beat that by having an average of 15 percent giving from graduates.
Each class has representatives who are tasked with reaching out to their fellow classmates to encourage donations. Those representatives are:
- 2008 – Cory Childs, Matthew Glover and Jackie Harris
- 2009 – Ava Franks, Adam Fogleman and Carla Johnson
- 2010 – Sergio Ceja and Keith Pike
- 2011 – Kenya Gordon, Daniel Osborne and Allison Slinkard
- 2012 – Mona Wedad and Matthew Stauffer
To give, make a pledge online or contact Wanda Hoover.