There are several steps to take in order to be ready for mediation:
- Identify the issues you want to discuss during the mediation process.
- Make a written list. This will help you address your concerns in an organized manner.
- Write out – word for word – the questions you want to ask.
- Organize your documents. Record dates and make notes on them. Make copies; keep one for yourself, give one to the mediator, and have one to share with the other parties.
- Anticipate questions the other parties might ask. Write down your responses to them.
- Consider all possible solutions to the problem.