By requesting mediation I understand:
- The mediator is not providing any party with legal advice or understanding.
- The mediator is not providing counseling or therapy services.
- The mediation process may involve the mediator speaking privately to the parents and the school representatives.
- The mediator will work with all of the parties to help develop an agreement.
- Discussions during the mediation session will be confidential and may not be used during subsequent proceedings.
- I may not call the mediator as a witness in any further proceeding pertaining to the child’s case.
- The signed agreement may be shared with other educators working with the child.