Issues relating to enrollment division/status

When is registration?
Our registration staff will begin registering you for fall classes in mid-July. This process will take about a week, and at that time, you will be able to view your classes and your tuition bill in your BOSS account. Once registered, you will be able to pay your tuition, using your T-number and PIN.

Does Bowen offer admissions deferments?
Deferment requests are considered on a case-by-case basis. Typically, the Admissions Office grants requests only when unforeseen changes in circumstance render you unable to begin law school this fall. Requests arising from foreseeable circumstances are typically not granted. Deferments are one year in length, which means you will enroll in the next fall’s entering class.

May I switch enrollment divisions before starting the first year?
Depending on space limitations, it may be possible to switch enrollment divisions. Contact the Admissions Office with your request.

May I switch enrollment divisions after starting the first year?
Yes. All students in good standing are allowed to switch divisions after successfully completing the first year.

Is it true that part-time students can graduate in three years?
Yes.  Students who begin the first year in the part-time division may graduate in three years by switching to the full-time division after the spring semester and attending summer school each of the next two years.

May I work as a full-time first-year student?
Full-time first-year students are not allowed to hold outside employment during the school year, but may work up to 10 hours a week in the law school and law library. There are no employment limitations on part-time students.

I will be a part-time student. May I take a day class or two?
No. Space limitations prevent us from allowing part-time students to take day classes.