The UALR William H. Bowen School of Law offers students a cost-effective legal education at a school that’s been on the forefront of practice-ready and skills-focused learning for over 20 years. Our students have the access to business and government leaders that’s only available in a capital city.
Bowen’s national rankings include:
- Top 10 Legal Writing Program by U.S. News and World Report (2012)
- Top 20 Innovative Law School by PreLaw magazine (2012)
- Named a Best Value Law School by National Jurist magazine (2012)
- Top 15 school for training students for public service by National Jurist magazine (2012)
- Top 40 for nine-month graduate employment by U.S. News and World Report (2012) – This information is based on data reported in US News. Subscribers to US News are able to assess for themselves how law schools are ranked according to the various criteria used by US News to calculate rankings. One such category is graduates’ reported employment. The percentages reported represent the percentage of all 2011 graduates who had a full-time job lasting at least a year for which bar passage was required or a JD degree was an advantage. These employment rates are part of the data on placement success used to determine a school’s ranking. Focusing only on this information, Bowen’s employment rate is the 36th best among those reported.
- Top Five Law School for Black Students by On Being a Black Lawyer (2012)
- Best mid-size city by Kiplinger (2013)
- One of the best cities for a healthy lifestyle by Outside Magazine (2013)
- One of the best cities for business and careers by Forbes Magazine (2013)
Need more information?