Bowen has been in the forefront of practice-ready and skills-focused learning for over forty years. As the only law school in Little Rock, Bowen students have the access to business and government leaders that are only available in a capital city.
According to the latest U.S. News & World Report rankings, students at the William H. Bowen School of Law graduate with among the lowest amount of law school debt in the nation. Likewise, the National Jurist has consistently ranks Bowen as a Best Value Law School. In ranking schools, the magazine considers a number of academic and financial variables, including the law school’s price of tuition, student debt accumulation, employment success, bar passage rate, and cost of living.
Below are a few more of Bowen’s national rankings:
- Best Value Law School by National Jurist magazine (2015, for the fifth year in a row)
- Top 20 (19th) Legal Writing Program by U.S. News and World Report (2015; in the top 20 for the fourth year in a row; in the top 25 for eight of the last nine years)
- Top 10 (9th) Highest Yield Rates by U.S. News and World Report
- Top 10 Lowest Tuition Rates by ABA 509 Report
- Top 15 Most Influential People in Legal Education by the National Jurist Magazine
- Best Law School for Public Service by PreLaw Magazine
- Best Practical Training Law School by The National Jurist
- Top 50 Best Part Time Law Programs by US News and World Report
- Recipient of the 2016 E. Smythe Gambrell Professionalism Award
- Top Five Law School for Black Students by On Being a Black Lawyer (2012)
- Top Five Regional Law School for Latina/o Students by Latina/o Student’s Guide to Law Schools 2015 (2014)
- Top 20 Most Innovative Law School by PreLaw magazine (2012)
- Top 40 Best Law Schools for nine-month graduate employment by U.S. News and World Report (2012)
Need more information?
Request information and keep up to date on all the latest developments at the UALR William H. Bowen School of Law.