The UALR William H. Bowen School of Law has a relatively small student body, which gives our students more chances to interact and build relationships with their colleagues and professors. Every member of the Bowen faculty and educational staff is committed to the success of our students. Our diverse student body is active both on campus and in the Little Rock community. We have an active alumni association, which gives students more chances to network with local attorneys.
Bowen has been in the forefront of practice-ready and skills-focused learning for over twenty years. Our students have the access to business and government leaders that’s only available in a capital city. And, according to a 2014 study by the U.S. News & World Report, Bowen students graduate with the second lowest amount of debt in comparison to the graduates of all other US law schools.
Bowen’s national rankings include:
- Named a Best Value Law School by National Jurist magazine (2015, for the fifth year in a row)
- Top 20 (19th) Legal Writing Program by U.S. News and World Report (2015, in the top 20 for the fourth year in a row)
- Top Five Regional Law School for Latina/o Students by Latina/o Student’s Guide to Law Schools 2015 (2014)
- Top Five Law School for Black Students by On Being a Black Lawyer (2012)
- Top 20 Innovative Law School by PreLaw magazine (2012)
- Top 15 school for training students for public service by National Jurist magazine (2012)
- Top 40 for nine-month graduate employment by U.S. News and World Report (2012) – This information is based on data reported in US News. Subscribers to US News are able to assess for themselves how law schools are ranked according to the various criteria used by US News to calculate rankings. One such category is graduates’ reported employment. The percentages reported represent the percentage of all 2011 graduates who had a full-time job lasting at least a year for which bar passage was required or a JD degree was an advantage. These employment rates are part of the data on placement success used to determine a school’s ranking. Focusing only on this information, Bowen’s employment rate is the 36th best among those reported.
In short, Bowen is special because our people and our programs make it special.
Need more information?
Join our mailing list and we’ll keep you updated on deadlines, recruiting visits, and events at Bowen.