What dual degrees does the UALR Bowen School of Law offer?
Bowen offers five concurrent degree programs in partnership with UALR, UAMS, and the Clinton School of Public Service. They are: the JD/MBA (Master’s in Business Administration); the JD/MPA (Master’s in Public Administration); the JD/MPH (Master’s in Public Health); the JD/MPS (Master’s in Public Service); and the JD/Pharm.D. (Doctor of Pharmacy).
What are the benefits of concurrent degrees?
By pursuing concurrent degrees you can get double credit for a significant number of courses, thus reducing the time spent enrolled.
In addition, you can:
- Receive an interdisciplinary education that will both diversify and specialize your training and knowledge.
- Build a career in either field or find a niche career combining mastery of both disciplines in a way that other professionals cannot.
- Broaden your network and opportunities through internships, classes and professional contacts in both programs.
Do I have to be admitted to both programs when I start law school?
No, but you must be admitted and concurrently enrolled in both schools to get double credit. We recommend that you apply for admission to the other program as soon as possible after enrollment at the law school. For more information about admission to concurrent degree graduate programs, please click on one of the following schools:
- UAMS Fay W. Boozman College of Public Health
- UAMS College of Pharmacy
- UALR College of Business
- UA Clinton School of Public Services
Can my LSAT score be used instead of another standardized test for admission to the other graduate program?
Students applying to the Master’s in Public Administration, Master’s in Public Service or Master’s in Public Health program may request that their LSAT score be used in lieu of another standardized admissions test.
Applicants interested in the Doctor of Pharmacy will need to take the Pharmacy College Admissions Test (PCAT), and those applying to the Master’s in Business Administration program will need to take the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT).