We are delighted you are applying to our law school. If you have any questions after you review this material, please contact us at:
- Telephone: 501.324.9439
- Fax: 501.324.9909
- E-mail: email@example.com
Who is a visiting student?
A visiting student earns credit at our law school for a degree from another law school. Visitors do not become candidates for our degree and may not take more than 45 credit hours at our law school.
To be eligible as a visiting student at UALR you must retain good standing and be eligible to continue your studies at either an ABA approved law school or a state-accredited law school.
Completing your application
In order to submit a completed application, prospective visiting students should:
- Submit a completed Applicant Information Form
- Submit a letter that explains why you want to be a visiting student at UALR
- Request that your law school send us a letter stating all of the following:
- you are in good standing
- you are eligible to continue your studies at that school
- you have permission to be a visiting student
- you will be permitted to transfer all credits back to that law school
- exactly what courses you are permitted to take at our law school
Visiting students are admitted based on academic record, need for visitor status, and available space. Deadlines for admission are:
- Fall: August 1
- Spring: Dec. 1
- Summer: May 1
After you are accepted
You will receive information about how to register for courses.
Special instructions for visiting applicants from state-accredited law schools
In addition to the above, you must also send us:
- A letter from the schoolâ€™s dean or associate dean stating that your studies were â€śin residenceâ€ť as provided in ABA Standard 304 or qualify for credit under ABA Standard 305
- Copies of:
- the schoolâ€™s most recent catalog
- the schoolâ€™s required curriculum
- the official course descriptions
- the syllabus for every completed course
- a photocopy of your LSDAS report