Results for ‘’
- Academic Search Complete
- A multidisciplinary database that provides access to full-text periodicals, including scholarly journals.
- The online version of the latest edition of the McGraw-Hill Encyclopedia of Science and Technology. The database also includes current news articles, scientific biographies, bibliographies, illustrations, and links to related websites.
- ACM Digital Library
- Provides access to the full text of every e-journal published by the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM). Conference proceedings and publications from affiliated organizations are also included.
- Acta Sanctorum
- An electronic version of the complete printed text of Acta Sanctorum, from the edition published in sixty-eight volumes by the SociĂ©tĂ© des Bollandistes. It is a collection of documents examining the lives of saints, organised according to each saint's feast day, and runs from the two January volumes published in 1643 to the Propylaeum to December published in 1940.
Indexes books and journal articles on all aspects of agriculture.
- America: History and Life with Full Text
- Provides indexing and full text to journal articles on the history of the United States, Canada, and Latin America, covering prehistory to the present.
- American Chemical Society Web Editions
- Full-text access to journals published by the American Chemical Society (ACS).
- American FactFinder
Provides searchable access to statistical data from the U.S. Bureau of the Census reports covering population, housing, economics, and government. Results can be displayed as tables or maps. Varied coverage: 2000-present.
- American Mathematical Society
- Full-text access to electronic journals in the areas of pure and applied mathematics. Indexes the most recent research in the field.
- American National Biography Online
- Provides biographical essays of deceased, notable Americans.
- American Physical Society
- Full-text access to scholarly e-journals in all areas of physics.
- Annual Reviews
- Authoritative, analytical reviews of disciplines within biomedical/life sciences, physical and social sciences. Varied coverage: 1932-present.
- Provides access to current issues of critical, peer-reviewed publications from the American Anthropological Association.
- Arkansas General Assembly
Provides information on Arkansas legislators, legislative committees, session bills and resolutions, meetings and events.
- Art and Architecture Complete
- Provides full-text coverage for periodicals and books and cover-to-cover indexing and abstracts for academic journals, magazines and trade publications.
- Art Index Retrospective: 1929-1984
Indexes journal articles covering a broad range of art topics for older periods of time. Coverage: 1929-1984.
- Arts and Humanities Citation Index
- See Web of Knowledge.
- A digital library of images in the areas of art.
- Bibliography of the History of Art (BHA)
- Abstracts and indexes current publications in the history of art. BHA covers the current literature of European art from late Antiquity (4th c. AD) to the present and American art from the European discoveries to the present.
- Biography Reference Bank
Provides biographical information on individuals of all nationalities from antiquity to the present.
- Biological Abstracts
- Indexes and abstracts from biological and medical journals. Coverage: 1995-present.
- Provides the full text of high-impact bioscience research journals.
- Birds of North America Online
- Provides information on birds nesting in the USA and Canada. Includes recordings of bird songs and calls, and images showing behaviors, habitats, nests, eggs and nestlings.
- Book Review Digest Retrospective: 1908-1982
Provides excerpts from and citations to reviews of fiction and non-fiction.Â Coverage: 1908-1982.
- Provides records for out-of-print, in-print, and forthcoming books.
- Buros Mental Measurements Yearbook
- See Mental Measurements Yearbook with Tests in Print.
- Business Source Complete
- Provides full text of business publications; includes industry surveys and company profiles from Datamonitor.
- Cambridge Journals Online
- Selected online content for journals in the sciences, social sciences, and humanities from Cambridge University.
Digital collection of art museum images from 3000 BC to the present. Includes photographs, paintings, sculptures, decorative and utilitarian objects, prints, drawings and watercolors, jewelry and costumes, textiles and architecture.
- Chemical Educator
- A scholarly journal serving the needs of all chemical education professionals. Coverage: 1996-present.
- Child Welfare Information Gateway
Provides access to print and electronic publications, websites, and online databases covering a wide range of topics from prevention to permanency, including child welfare, child abuse and neglect, adoption, search and reunion, and much more.
- Christian Science Monitor: 1988-present
See National Newspapers Core. Full text of articles written in the Monday through Friday publication. Coverage: 1988-present, except November 7, 1990-March 20, 1992.
- CINAHL with Full Text
Provides indexing and selected full-text access to nursing and allied health journals, health care books, nursing dissertations, conference proceedings, and standards of practice. Coverage: 1982-present.
- Civil War: Antebellum Period to Reconstruction
- Provides local and national coverage of American culture, politics, and society from 1840 through 1877 through newspapers, government documents, and other printed resources from that time.
Indexes humanities and social sciences periodicals published in Latin America.
- Communication and Mass Media Complete
- Indexes the full text of journals in the fields of communications, journalism and mass media.
- See Engineering Village.
Makes federal United States legislative information freely available to the public. The site contains legislation from the 107th Congress (2001) to the present, members of Congress profiles from the 93rd Congress (1973) to the present, and selected member profiles from the 80th through the 92nd Congresses (1947 to 1972).
- Congressional Budget Office
Provides keyword searching and full text access to reports from the Congressional Budget Office.Â The CBO provides objective, nonpartisan, and timely analyses to aid in economic and budgetary decisions on the wide array of programs covered by the federal budget and the information and estimates required for the Congressional budget process. Coverage: 1975 â€“ present.
- Congressional Publications
Indexes publications of the U.S. Congress since 1970 includingÂ bills, laws and legislation, as well as information about members of Congress.
- Consumer Health Complete
Comprehensive resource for consumer-oriented health content including alternative health and Spanish-language resources. (Provided by LSTA funds administered by the Arkansas State Library.)
- Provides detailed reports and analysis for recognized countries of the world.
- CQ Public Affairs
- Provides primary source documents, statistical overviews, contact information, and in-depth reporting on public policy issues.
- CQ Researcher
- Provides full-text reporting and analysis of current events and controversial issues.
- CRC Handbook of Chemistry & Physics
- Provides access to the latest edition of the Handbook. Contains tables and reference information on all aspects of chemistry and physics.
- Criminal Justice
IndexesÂ U.S. and international journals in the area of criminal justice.
- Criminal Justice Abstracts with Full Text
Indexes journal articles, books, and government reports on a wide range of topics related to criminal justice. Includes selected full text.
The CyberCemetery is an archive of government websites that have ceased operation (usually websites of defunct government agencies and commissions that have issued a final report).
- Directory of Open Access Journals
- Full-text, quality-controlled scientific and scholarly journals in every discipline.
- Discovering Collection
Provides full-text resources for teachers and parents of students in K-12. (Provided by LSTA funds administered by the Arkansas State Library.)
- Dissertations & Theses
Indexes doctoral dissertations completed at accredited institutions. Full text for selected institutions 1997-present. Coverage varies.
- DOE Information Bridge
Full text ofÂ Department of Energy (DOE) research and development reports.
- Dun & Bradstreet Key Business Ratios
Provides selected industry ratios in three major areas: solvency, efficiency, and profitability. Users can search by SIC code, line of business, asset range and year.
- eBook Collection on EBSCO
Direct access toÂ selected electronic books covering a variety of topics. Formerly NetLibrary.
Indexes and abstracts journals, dissertations, book chapters, and selected working papers covering economic theory and application.
- Education Research Complete
- An index and full-text database covering scholarly research and information relating to all areas of education.
- Engineering Village
- Provides searching of the Compendex and INSPEC databases on a broad range of topics in the scientific, applied science, technical and engineering disciplines. Coverage: 1969-present.
Indexes education-related journals and documents including theses and conference papers. (Provided by LSTA funds administered by the Arkansas State Library.)
- European Views of the Americas: 1493 to 1750
- A comprehensive guide to printed records about the Americas written in Europe before 1750.
- FDsys Federal Digital System
Provides free online access to federal government publications, including congressional and presidential materials, and publications from various agencies.
Provides historical economic statistical publications, releases, and documents by the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis
- Funk and Wagnalls New World Encyclopedia
Covers encyclopedic entries covering a variety of subject areas.
- Gale Virtual Reference Library
Provides access to encyclopedias, almanacs, and other reference sources. (Provided by LSTA funds administered by the Arkansas State Library.)
- GAO Reports and Testimonies
Provides full-text keyword searchable access to reports created by the U.S. General Accountability Office (GAO) and its predecessors dating back to 1890. Covers all topics that would require federal funding and oversight by any federal agency.
- Indexes journals, books, conference papers, and reports in geology and geophysics.
- GeoScience World
- Provides full-text access to scholarly journals in the geological and earth sciences.
- GPO Access
See FDSys Federal Digital System.
- GPO Catalog of Government Publications
Indexes government publications from theÂ U.S. Government Printing Office.
- Grove Music Online
See Oxford Music Online. Access is for one user at a time. Please log out when finished.
- Health Source - Consumer Edition
Provides access to select health magazines and pamphlets. (Provided by LSTA funds administered by the Arkansas State Library.)
- Health Source: Nursing/Academic Edition
Provides indexing and full text ofÂ scholarly journals in nursing, allied health, and medicine. (Provided by LSTA funds administered by the Arkansas State Library.)
- Provides full-text coverage of a vast collection of law journals. Also offers complete coverage of the Congressional Record Bound volumes, U.S. Reports, Federal Register, and the Code of Federal Regulations; famous world trials dating back to the early 1700s; legal classics from the 16th to 20th centuries; treaty series for the League of Nations, United Nations, and the United States; and additional files.
- Highwire Press
- Provides links to full-text articles in science disciplines.
- Historical Abstracts with Full Text
Provides indexing and limited full textÂ to articles in key historical journals coveringÂ world history, excluding the United States and Canada.
- Historical Newspapers
Search historic issues of The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal,Â Chicago Defender, New York Amsterdam News, and Pittsburgh Courier. Varied coverage.
- IEEE XploreÂ® Digital Library
- Provides access to all available journal articles, conference proceedings, transactions, letters, and current and active standards from the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) and the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET). IEEE conference proceedings from 1988 with select content back to 1953, and IEEE standards from 1988.
- Indexes articles from publications in a variety of disciplines.
- See Engineering Village.
Full-text content in physics disciplines forÂ journals published by the Institute of Physics (IOP).
- JSTOR Arts & Sciences Collections
- Provides access to scholarly journals in the arts, humanities, and social sciences.
- Provides access to four collections of handbooks and reference sources in science and engineering. The collections are: Electrical & Power Engineering, General Engineering & Engineering Management, Industrial Engineering & Operations Management, and Process Design, Control & Automation.
- Legal Collection
IndexesÂ full-text, scholarly journals on education and legal topics. (Provided by LSTA funds administered by the Arkansas State Library.)
- LexisNexisÂ® Academic
Provides the full text of international newspapers, periodicals, legal texts, federal and state laws, court cases, business and company financial information, and various other topics.
The Arkansas Democrat-Gazette is no longer available through LexisNexisÂ®.
- Library & Information Science Technology Abstracts
- Indexes periodicals, books, research reports, and proceedings. Subject coverage includes librarianship, classification, cataloging, bibliometrics, online information retrieval, information management and more. Coverage: 1965-present.
- Library Literature & Information Science
Indexes articles and book reviews in key library and information science periodicals published worldwide.Â Coverage:1984-present.
- Literary Index
- Indexes literary and biographical reference books published by Gale.
- Literature Criticism Online
- Provides access to Children's Literature Review beginning exclusively with v. 142 (2009) and Something about the Author beginning exclusively with v.198 (2009). Earlier volumes available in the reference collection. See online catalog for specific holdings.
- Los Angeles Times: 1985-present
See National Newspapers Core. Full text of articles written in the Orange County and Home editions. Coverage: 1985-present.
- Making of America Journals
- Provides primary sources in American social history from the antebellum period through reconstruction. The collection is strong in the education, psychology, American history, sociology, religion, and science and technology.
- MAS Ultra - School Edition
Provides full text ofÂ popular, general interest, and current events publications forÂ middle school students. (Provided by LSTA funds administered by the Arkansas State Library.)
- MasterFILE Premier
Provides access to periodicals, including a variety of magazines. (Provided by LSTA funds administered by the Arkansas State Library.)
- Indexes and abstracts articles, books, and conference proceedings in mathematics and computer science.
Indexes journals covering all areas of medicine and related fields.
Provides consumer-related health information from the National Library of Medicine (NLM).
- Mental Measurements Yearbook with Tests in Print
- Provides full-text reviews of all English-language standardized tests from all editions of this yearbook.
- Middle Search Plus
Provides the full text ofÂ popular magazines appropriate for middle school levels. (Provided by LSTA funds administered by the Arkansas State Library.)
- MLA Directory of Periodicals
- Includes editorial contact information, frequency, circulation, subscription prices and submission guidelines for journals indexed in the MLA International Bibliography.
- MLA International Bibliography
- Indexes journal articles, books and dissertations on language, literature, folklore, linguistics and related topics. Coverage: 1920-present.
- Music Index
- Indexes international music periodicals. Coverage: 1970-present.
- NAACP Papers â€“ Board of Directors, Annual Conferences, Major Speeches, and National Staff Files
A full-text collection thousands of pages of minutes of directorsâ€™ meetings, monthly reports from officers to the board of directors, proceedings of the annual business meetings, and significant records of the associationâ€™s annual conferences. Also included are voluminous special reports written by the associationâ€™s officers and committees on a wide range of issues. Coverage: 1909-1970.
- NASA Technical Reports Server
The NASA technical reports server will be unavailable for public access while the agency conducts a review of the site's content to ensure that it does not contain technical information that is subject to U.S. export control laws and regulations and that the appropriate reviews were performed. The site will return to service when the review is complete. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
- National Climatic Data Center
- Provides access to 5 climatic data files from the NOAA National Data Center. * In-library use only.
- National Criminal Justice Reference Service
- Provides summaries of criminal justice publications, including federal, state, and local reports. Full-text coverage varies.
- National Newspapers Core
Includes abstracting, indexing, and comprehensive full text for The Christian Science Monitor, The Los Angeles Times, The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, and The Washington Post. The database is updated daily. Coverage varies.
- Naxos Music Library
Features online classical music and opera recordings, as well as blues, jazz, gospel, classic pop and rock, and world music selections. Other resources include libretti and synopses of over 700 operas, biographies and discographies of composers and artists, and a glossary of musical terms.Â Access is for a maximum of 10 users at a time. Please log out when finished.
- See eBook Collection from EBSCO.
- New York Times: 1851-2008
Full text of articles publishedÂ fromÂ the first issue in 1851 through 2008.Â Includes illustrations and advertisements. Coverage: 1851-2008.
- New York Times: 1980-present
See National Newspapers Core. Full textÂ for the East Coast late edition ofÂ the paperÂ including the book review and magazine sections.Â Updated daily. Coverage: 1980-present.
- Newspaper Source
Provides full text forÂ select U.S. and international newspapers. Television and radio news transcripts included. (Provided by LSTA funds administered by the Arkansas State Library.)
- NIH RePORTER
A database of federally-funded biomedical research projects conducted at universities, hospitals, and other research institutions.
- NUMDAM: Numerisation de Documents Anciens Mathematiques
- Archives French mathematical journals. Selected English translations available.
- Oxford English Dictionary
- Provides full-text entries to the electronic version of the Oxford English Dictionary.
- Oxford Music Online
Features Grove Music Online, which provides entries fromÂ The New Grove Dictionary of Music and Musicians, The New Grove Dictionary of Opera, and The New Grove Dictionary of Jazz.Â Also includes the full-text of The Oxford Companion to Music and The Oxford Dictionary of Music.Â Access is for one user at a time. Please log out when finished.
- Oxford Reference Online
Provides access to dictionaries and other reference books published by Oxford University Press. DETF
Indexes a wide variety of subjects discussed at scholarly meetings. Coverage:Â 1993-present.
- Patents - US Patent & Trademark Office
For patents issued from 1976 to present, keyword searching is available for full-text files.Â ImagesÂ for patents issued from 1790 to 1975 can only be searched using patent numbers or classification codes.
- Patrologia Latina
- Collection of documents (in Latin) on early medieval theology, philosophy, and literature.
- Philosopher's Index
- Comprehensive index covering scholarly research in all major fields of philosophy. Coverage: 1940- present.
- Primary Search
Provides the full text ofÂ popular magazines for elementary education students. (Provided by LSTA funds administered by the Arkansas State Library.)
Indexes worldwide conference proceedings.
- Professional Development Collection
Collection of information for professional educators, librarians, and researchers. (Provided by LSTA funds administered by the Arkansas State Library.)
- Project MUSE
Provides full-text access to scholarly journals in the arts, humanities, and social sciences.
- ProQuest Digital Microfilm
- Includes digitized microfilm from 2008 to three months from the present. Papers covered: New York Times and Wall Street Journal.
- Provides full-text, scholarly and scientific articles in selected psychology journals.
- Provides full-text access to selected scholarly publications. Includes some historical material.
- Indexes and abstracts journals, dissertations, book chapters, and technical reports in psychology, psychiatry, and related disciplines.
Provides indexingÂ and limited full text to articles inÂ keyÂ biomedicalÂ journals.
- Readers’ Guide Retrospective: 1890â€“1982
AÂ comprehensive index ofÂ popular general interest periodicals published in the United States.Â This database containsÂ selected full text.
- RefWorks allows users to import citations from online article indexes and databases, to organize and manage these references, to format them within papers, and to create instant bibliographies. New users must create an account.
- Regional Business News
Provides comprehensive full text coverage for regional business publications from all metropolitan and rural area in the United States. (Provided by LSTA funds administered by the Arkansas State Library.)
- RIA Checkpoint (Tax and Accounting Research)
Numerous sources in taxation and financial research.
- RIA Checkpoint (Tax and Accounting Research) Student Registration
- Use this link to register for customized access to RIA Checkpoint. See database description above.
- Romanticism: Life, Literature and Landscape
Presents the manuscript collections of the Wordsworth Trust, this collection offers access to the working notebooks, verse manuscripts and correspondence of William Wordsworth and his fellow writers of the Romantic period, including Dorothy Wordsworth, Samuel Taylor Coleridge, Thomas De Quincey and Robert Southey. Also includes images of fine art pieces from the Wordsworth Trust.
- SAGE Journals Online
- Full-text journals published by SAGE in the social sciences, humanities, and life sciences.
- Science Citation Index
- See Web of Knowledge.
Searches databases and selected websites from federal agencies, providing full-text access to authoritative U.S. government science information including research and development results.
- ScienceDirect Electronic Journals
- Indexes journals from Elsevier, Academic Press, and related publishers. UALR has a joint subscription with UAMS, U of A at Fayetteville, and Fort Smith to provide the full text of selected journals.
- SciFinderÂ® Scholar
Requires one-time user registration. Complete the registration at the following link: SciFinderÂ® User Registration.
Electronic version of Chemical Abstracts.Â Search for journal and patent literature from natural, biomedical, and physical sciences using bibliographic, substance, or reaction details.
- Serial Set
A collection of U.S. government publications compiled under the directive of Congress, capturing aspects of American life. It includes congressional reports and documents as well as executive agency and departmental reports ordered to be printed by Congress. Coverage: Early 19th century-2011.
- SIAM Journals Online
- Archive of selected journals published by the Society of Industrial and Applied Mathematics (SIAM). Coverage: 1997-present.
- Social Sciences Citation Index
- See Web of Knowledge.
- SocINDEX with Full Text
- Provides comprehensive coverage of sociology and closely related areas of study. Also includes conference papers.
- SpringerLink Electronic Journals & e-Books
- Access to scholarly journals and books in science, medicine, and technology. Selected full text.
- Standard and Poor's NetAdvantage
- Provides comprehensive investment information and industry and company analysis. Full-text coverage includes stock, bond, and mutual fund guides and reports; earnings and dividends reports; company information; industry surveys for major U.S. industries.
- Statistical Abstract
The ProQuest Statistical Abstract of the United States is the authoritative and comprehensive summary of statistics on the social, political, and economic conditions of the United States.
- Tests in Print
- Serves as a comprehensive bibliography to all known commercially available tests that are currently in print in the English language. Provides test purpose, test publisher, in-print status, price, test acronym, intended test population, administration times, publication date(s), and test author(s). Included as a section of the Mental Measurements Yearbook database.
A Library of Congress legislative information service that features bills and resolutions, the Congressional Record, Congressional committee schedules and calendars, Presidential Nominations, and various other legislative materials. Searching is available by keyword or legislative numbers.
Provides the full text of current event articles fromÂ diverse sources. (Provided by LSTA funds administered by the Arkansas State Library.)
- Trademarks - US Patent & Trademark Office
- The Trademark Electronic Search System (TESS) contains pending, registered and dead federal trademarks. The files can be searched using word marks, serial or registration numbers, and owners.
- Trials - America's News
U.S. news content from local, regional, and national sources including printed and online newspapers, blogs, journals, newswires, broadcast transcripts and videos. Allows narrowing or searches to regions of the country or individual states. Provides full-text access to the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette. Includes the Northwest edition of the paper. Coverage: 1994-present.
We look forward to your feedback. Please send your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Trials - AtoZ World Business
AtoZ World Business is the world's most comprehensive country-by-country resource for success in international business and trade. AtoZ World Business consists of 100 Country Business Guides of 108 topics each and 76 World Trade Resources. It offers entrepreneurs, business professionals, and researchers access to vetted international business and trade intelligence, compiled into a single, reliable source.
Trial ends June 1, 2013. We look forward to your feedback. Please send your comments to email@example.com.
- Trials - CINAHL Complete
CINAHL Complete is the worldâ€™s most comprehensive source of full-text for nursing & allied health journals, providing full text for more than 1,300 journals indexed in CINAHL. This authoritative file contains full text for many of the most used journals in the CINAHL index, with no embargo.
Trial ends May 15, 2013. We look forward to your feedback. Please send your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Trials - North American Women's Letters and Diaries
North American Women's Letters and Diaries is the largest collection of women's diaries and correspondence ever assembled.
Trial ends January 2014. We look forward to your feedback. Please send your comments to email@example.com.
- Ulrichs International Periodicals Directory
- Provides access to bibliographic and access information to academic and scholarly consumer and trade, newspapers, newsletters, electronic publications, and other serials published worldwide on all subjects.
- USA Trade Online
ProvidesÂ current and cumulativeÂ U.S. export and import information onÂ commodities world-wide. *In-library use only, Password required - Inquire at the Reference Desk.
- Value Line
Value Line has been a top provider of independent investment-related information, with a reputation for high quality, cost-effective research and data.
- Vocational and Career Collection
Full-text coverage of trade and industry-related titles. (Provided by LSTA funds administered by the Arkansas State Library.)
- Wall Street Journal: 1889-1994
Full text of articles published from the first issue in 1889 through 1994. Includes illustrations and advertisements. Coverage: 1889-1994.
- Wall Street Journal: 1984-present
See National Newspapers Core. Full text for the East Coast late edition of the paper. Updated daily. Coverage: 1984-present.
- Washington Post: 1987-present
See National Newspapers Core. Full text of articles written in the daily and national weekly editions. Coverage: 1987-present.
- Web of Knowledge
Formerly Web of Science. AÂ multidisciplinary database which provides access to the Arts & Humanities Citation Index (1975-present), Science Citation Index (1955-present), and Social Sciences Citation Index (1956-present). Updated weekly.
- Wiley Online Library
- Selected full-text access to journals in business, the sciences, and the social sciences. Coverage varies.
- World Almanac
Provides access to basic facts and statistics.
- World Bank Open Knowledge Repository
The World Bankâ€™s official open access repository for its research outputs and knowledge products collects, disseminates, and permanently preserves its intellectual output in digital form. Included in the repository are World Bank books, Development Reports, Policy Research Working Papers and numerous other studies and journal articles. Subjects cover any topic/program given World Bank funding for research.Â Coverage: Varies by type of publication.
- World History Collection
Offers scanned-in-color, full-text coverage of 150 titles. (Provided by LSTA funds administered by the Arkansas State Library.)
Provides information on worldwide library holdings of books, periodicals, theses, dissertations, media and other material.
Need help? Contact a Reference Librarian.