Ottenheimer Library welcomes visits from Arkansas high schools to use our research databases and other materials. Please contact the library for further information.
- Adult supervision is required for each group. We require a minimum of two teachers/leaders per group and one additional adult for every five-eight students.
- The library provides unfiltered access to the Internet and complies with the UALR IT Acceptable Use Policy.
PLANNING YOUR VISIT:
- Schedule your visit at least 10 working days in advance. Contact the library at 501.569.3123.
- Plan your work session to cover half a day, either in the morning or afternoon.
- Limit the number of students to 20-25 per visit. The library’s instruction room has a limited number of computers.
- UALR Public Safety requires notification of your visit and will provide drop off and parking information – 501.569.3408.
- Contact the library at 501.569.3123 to cancel or reschedule.
KEY INFORMATION FOR CLASSROOM TEACHERS:
- Please e-mail or send a fax (501.569.3017) regarding assignments or topics being researched to the Student Success Librarian before your visit.
- Group members should bring flash drives to save articles. Not all article databases allow e-mailing.
- Copiers are available on the first floor of the library.
- If your students wish to return at a later date:
- To access electronic databases or borrow materials, the student must be at least 16 years of age and have a valid picture ID. Please refer to the community users information on the library’s website.
- The library has five computers for community users, which are available for two hours per day on a first-come-first-served basis. For more information, please contact the library – 501.569.3123.
SAFETY & BEHAVIOR:
Group members are expected to comply with library and university policies, as well as show consideration for other library users.
Please note that backpacks, purses, and other bags may be inspected if an exit alarm sounds.