Ottenheimer Library welcomes visits from Arkansas high schools to use our research databases and other materials. Due to their scholarly nature, only group visits for students in grades 10-12 can be accommodated.
- Adult supervision is required for each group.Â We require a minimum of two teachers/leaders per group and one additional adult for every five-eight students.
- The library provides unfiltered access to the Internet andÂ complies withÂ the campus computer policy.
PLANNING YOUR VISIT:
- Schedule your visit at least 10 working days in advance. Contact Reference Services at 501.569.8806.
- Plan your work session to cover half a day, either in the morning or afternoon.
- Limit the number of students to 20-25 per visit. The library’s instruction room has a limited numberÂ of computers.
- UALR Public Safety requires notification of your visit and will provide drop off and parking information â€“ 501.569.3408.
- Contact Reference Services at 501.569.8806 to cancel or reschedule.
KEY INFORMATION FOR CLASSROOM TEACHERS:
- Please email or send a fax (501.569.3017) regarding assignments or topics being researched to the instruction coordinator or the head of reference before your visit.
- Group members should bring flash drives to save articles. Not all article databases allow emailing. Printing will be limited in the library instruction room.
- There is no word processing software available on any library computers.
- Copiers are available on the first floor of the library. Copy cards may be purchased at the Circulation Desk for $1, plus the cost of copies.
- Â If your students wish to return at a later date:
Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied at all times by an adult or caregiver who is 18 years of age or older.
- To access electronic databases or borrow materials, the student must be at least 16 years of age and have a valid picture ID. Please refer to the community users information on the libraryâ€™s website.
- The library has four computers for community users, which are available for two hours per day on a first-come-first-served basis. For more information, please contact the Circulation Desk â€“ 501.569.3123.
SAFETY & BEHAVIOR:
Group members are expected to comply with library and university policies, as well as show consideration for other library users.
Please note that backpacks, purses, and other bags may be inspected if an exit alarm sounds.