Beginning in fall 2014, the Department of Criminal Justice along with UALR Student Housing will offer a Learning Community for first-year students interested in the field of criminal justice. First-year students who are interested in pursuing a bachelor of arts degree in criminal justice or an associate of science degree in law enforcement are encouraged to apply!
Being part of the Criminal Justice Living Learning Community (CJLLC) allows students the chance to live alongside their peers while exploring topics in criminal justice â€“ hands on! Students will have exclusive access to a variety of criminal justice related lectures, trips, presentations, and trainings.
Activities that are planned for the 2014-2015 Academic Year:
- Self Defense training
- Little Rock PD K-9 Unit presentation
- FBI Fraud Unit presentation
- Pulaski County Sheriff’s Office
- Faculty/CJLLC student pizza socials
- U.S. Marshall’s presentation
- Arkansas Department of Corrections prison tour
- Biosocial Criminology Lecture
- Criminal Justice Internship Connection
- Faculty presentations on topics that interest YOU
- Paws In Prison demonstration
- Criminal Justice Career Planning Workshop
CJLLC Student Requirements:
- Be a first-year student at UALR
- Plan on pursuing a bachelors of arts degree in criminal justice or associate of science degree in law enforcement
- Register for CRJU 2300 (Section 7) (ALL STUDENTS PARTICIPATING IN THE CJLLC ARE REQUIRED TO TAKE THIS CLASS/SECTION)
- Attend 4 CJLLC programs/activities per semester
Students who are interested in being a part of the CJLLC should do so when applying for housing (either via BOSS or paper form) for Fall 2014.
Have questions? Want more information? Feel free to contact the Community Director â€“ Marc D. Glidden at email@example.com
CRJU 2300 Intro to Criminal Justice
|CRN 60100, Section 07
TR 1:50 -3:15 p.m.
Instructors: Marc Glidden/Jeff Walker
1. Pizza night
2. Trips–interact with criminal justice professionals in law enforcement, corrections, and courts.
3. Guess lecturers–from influential members of criminological field
4. Movie night