A Calling to Help Others
The medical field is a rewarding yet challenging one. Having a built-in support network of friends, mentors, and professors will help a student in the nursing learning community thrive.
From the get-go, students in the nursing community will be together, taking the same laboratory section of Introduction to Anatomy and Physiology I.
In addition, the semester will include five tailor-made mini-programs that answer the following questions:
- What is a nurse and what do they do?
- How do I prepare to apply to nursing school?
- What is involved in nursing school and what do I need to know?
- How do I study and take tests once in nursing school? Why does it matter now?
- How do I handle the stress I will encounter in nursing school?
Advice from those who have been in the trenches is invaluable. As part of this community, mentors from the Student Nurses Association will be available to help out first-time freshmen.
Nursing as a Career
BIOL 1411 Anatomy & Physiology
Lecture CRN 62037, Section 20,