Vocational Rehab Consultant – Northern VA/Washington, DC
Working under general supervision and technical direction, responsible for managing assigned caseload to ensure individuals receive appropriate services in order to return-to-work and normal activity timely and in the most cost effective manner.
- Interview and evaluate claimants to determine degree of disability and employability.
- Provide vocational services to claimant’s cases, which do possess difficult case issues and/or injuries.
- Develop and implement the vocational rehabilitation plan.
- Conduct ongoing assessments of the plan for successful case management.
- Act as liaison with all parties involved in the rehab process.
- Complete and maintain appropriate documentation (i.e. case notes, reports, billing, etc.).
- Develop and maintain effective business relationships with customers.
- Accurately and appropriately charges for services rendered.
- Perform additional duties and/or is assigned special projects as requested.
- Must be available to travel and work irregular hours.
Advanced ability to analyze and make sound judgments and to accurately document activities. Strong oral and written communication skills in order to effectively communicate with claimants, medical professionals, employers, claims staff and others. Excellent negotiation skills to effectively establish target return to work dates. Knowledge of state, local and federal laws related to vocational rehab. Masters’ Degree, Licensure/registration and special certification as required by law required in certain jurisdictions plus 1-3 years of work experience in vocational rehabilitation or related field, preferred (preferably in worker’s compensation). Bilingual skills preferred. Proficient computer skills and knowledge.
Please visit the Liberty Mutual website and click on careers link. Once on the careers webpage, please search job number 11319 and follow application steps.